Best glue for broken landing gear?

Reaction score
I recently had a small crash. Only dropped about 5 ft but landed on concrete and broke the landing gear on one leg. The break was just below what I do believe is an antenna cover. I tried some super glue but it didn't seem to hold very well. Just wondering if there's something better out there that you guys know about. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Attachments

• 20180305_182215_resized.jpg
    20180305_182215_resized.jpg
    804.4 KB · Views: 592
Going to be perfectly honest, the best thing is just replacing it. I tried plastic-specific epoxy, but of course the epoxy's ability to bond depends on the plastic used. Looking at where it broke, it's very thin with little area to adhere to, meaning you would need to use the epoxy eternally, thus it will look quite unattractive. And might still not be strong enough to hold up long-term. Also, the landing gears cost exactly as much as that Plast-aid. Even the epoxy is going to probably cost $5-6, which puts you 1/5 of the way to just replacing it.

Reactions: N017RW
I would be tempted to contact DJI because there seems to be a broken circuit board.

This doesn't look like Phantom 3 to me.

Anyway - as many said already - don't glue, replace. Buy the whole landing gear with antennas, as your antenna board is clearly damaged.

Reactions: lolo780 and N017RW
You can get legs on eBay ... from so many sources ... even 3D print them yourself ...

But as others have said - that really looks like a 'busted' board in that leg ...

Nigel

I recently had a small crash. Only dropped about 5 ft but landed on concrete and broke the landing gear on one leg. The break was just below what I do believe is an antenna cover. I tried some super glue but it didn't seem to hold very well. Just wondering if there's something better out there that you guys know about. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
You poor guy! What rotten luck! My drone came down in the middle of inaccessible nowhere, stayed out in the winter weather 2 months, I actually went in and fount it with a very slightly cracked strut and 2 missing strut screw covers. Took it home and fired it up and, behold! she flies! Of course all this after buying another drone. But you need to replace that one. You can get a replacement set for $30 - a small price to pay and despite most videos to the contrary, I think you can do the job without getting into the shell. I'm just waiting to get up the nerve to do the job.

Reactions: quaddamage
I recently purchased new OEM landing gear on amazon for 15$ which also included a new antenna. Plenty of youtube videos show how to replace.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl