Beeping from RC

Reaction score
Lately I've noticed my RC beeping at me when I turn on the controller by itself, while the P4 craft is off. Sometimes it beeps 4 or 5 times and stops, other times it keeps beeping endlessly when the craft is off. It beeps only when the RC LED is red. When it connects to the craft and the LED goes GREEN, the beeping stops. Although this is annoying, I'm noticing when I turn on the craft that it doesn't connect sometimes very fast, it just keeps beeping and the LED is RED. Sometimes it doesn't connect at all, I have to reboot everything and usually that fixes it. Other times, after beeping for a minute, and the RED LED won't go away, if do a CSC to start the motors the RC then connects, the LED goes GREEN and the beeping stops. Strange behavior.

This started about a month ago, out of the blue, I haven't updated the firmware or Go app for several months. I haven't found a setting to turn off the beeping. Kind of annoying.

Are you guys experiencing this behavior with your P4 RC's?

FYI, I'm using an Inspire GL658A controller for better range, so I'm wondering if that's contributing to the issue.

Mines done it many times in the last month or so John. Never knew what was causing it at all. Thought it was a glitch from an update maybe. But it seems to have quit doing it in the last week or so. Weird!

I'd call it a feature.

There are more times than I'd like to admit that I have powered down the bird, put everything away, then realize... forgot to turn off the RC. Thanks beeps!

My P4 did it today after not using my P4 for a couple of weeks. I noticed that if I moved one of the joystick handles it would stop so I recalibrated the controls and also updated my RC Firmware and it never came back.

Sent from my SM-N910V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: KevMo Photog
I'd call it a feature.

There are more times than I'd like to admit that I have powered down the bird, put everything away, then realize... forgot to turn off the RC. Thanks beeps!
That beeping is different. Your talking about the warning after no connection for ten minutes. My beeping issue occurs immediately when you turn on the RC.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
Mine started doing that after the last Firmware upgrade. I tried re-calibrating the joysticks and it still does it about 95% of the time. I found on mine its the right stick. When I turn on the Remote now and it beeps I move the right stick around and it stops.

I told DJI about it and they said to send in the Remote... I've not done it as it doesn't seem to be a real problem. Dozens and dozens of flights with no issues, just the annoying beep on start up...

I flew this last Saturday, and after the flight, my concern was cooling down the battery and motors. After dealing with the battery and removing the props, the RC, which I failed to turn off after the flight, began beeping. I guess there is a feature to remind you the power is on when it isn't connected after a time.

I flew this last Saturday, and after the flight, my concern was cooling down the battery and motors. After dealing with the battery and removing the props, the RC, which I failed to turn off after the flight, began beeping. I guess there is a feature to remind you the power is on when it isn't connected after a time.
Yes, see my post #5.

Well, I'm glad this problem is not isolated to me. I was concerned I might have something going on with my setup using the GL658A controller, but it appears this is common among a few others. I'll try QuadBard's suggestion and see if the right stick can mute the beeping. That is similar to my experience that sometimes when I try a CSC the controller make a connection, LED goes Green and beeping stops.

Sometimes my RC will beep 3 or 4 times when I initially turn it on, and then quits beeping, even though the craft is off. Maybe I unknowingly moved the right stick which stopped the beep.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic