BE AWARE - No Wi-Fi connection with 3.04

Can anyone help me get wifi to access. Worked perfect the same day then upgraded to new version, now cannot see wifi, does not show it at all. Anyone?

Using ipad3 with only wifi. Latest updates all completed unless I have to take remote control apart to upgrade? Or binding, not sure how to do that? But also did compass calibration as well. Camera light is green, the system light on range extender blinks off and on green sometimes staying on for a few seconds, sometimes off for a sec.

dronie said:
Just updated the DJI Vision app(iPhone ver. 1.0.41) and P2V firmware to 3.04 to try out the just released option to fly with WAYPOINTS.

After the update, it is now impossible to connect to the P2V via Wi-Fi.

The P2V does not show up on the Wi-Fi list anymore - The Phantom actually showed op briefly, on the Wi-Fi list, but after choosing the it, I got an error message saying is was "not possible to connect to network". It only showed up this once after having tried now for 1 hour.

I have tried to reboot RC, iPhone, P2V, turn Wi-Fi on/off etc. I even tried to "re-update" the P2V through the PT2 app - and everything shows up as updated and working correctly.

Wi-Fi connection worked perfectly for a flight yesterday (no crashes since), so this is absolutely a firmware issue. So be aware.

Any suggestion how to fix this - or if it's possible to downgrade the P2V firmware, as it's not possible to downgrade the iPhone app to my knowledge?

Thanks.
There are 2 updates...you did the 3.04 now do the one for the controller in the P2V. Once you have done the 2nd update your Wi-Fi will work. I think it is something like 1.0.3 or 1.0.0.3...not sure but you can check the release date on the DJI site.

Upgraded to v3.04 (and current on all the other firmware) and now getting the "Unable to join network" with no wifi connection. If I forget my local wifi on the 5s, the phantom_xxxx network shows up. Selecting that to join then says "unable to join network" and then it disappears.

So, there seems to many discussions on this topic, but has anyone actually solved it?

I was getting the problem every single time before each flight and I'd just turn the wi-fi "off" on all mobile devices, reset the Phantom and the Repeater and it would typically come online on the second or third attempt.

I noticed something today. I went to a remote park, turned off my phone's wifi (and my daughter's phone's wifi), turned on the transmitter and then the repeater & the Phantom at the same time (instead of waiting). No wifi issues at all in both flights. Since I was in a remote area, I'm wondering if the problem is that the upgrade isn't effectively managing things when around other wi-fi networks/mobile devices.

I never worried about any of this prior to the update...

The same problem here and I recognize a lot of what other forum members experienced.
Performed all software-firmware and app-updates.
Trying to find on Iphone5S WiFi Phantom xxxxx.
Phantom xxxxx pops up in the wifi list for a few seconds and than disappears.
Switching on/off many times the wifi extender, the Phantom and the RC only gives 1 result. NOTHING.
Than suddenly without any reason Phantom xxxx shows up.
I can connect with the app on the Iphone 5S and also on a Iphone 4S (after disconnecting the 5S)
Camera led is green - wifi extender is operating, the Phantom Vision gives GPS fix green, and the RC led is solid green. Everything looks normal.
Trying to connect in the app with the Camera gives " Connection to Phantom failed "
Than I start all over again with switching on/off many times the wifi extender, the Phantom and the RC.
Following the same procedure as above.
When connecting in the app with the camera again I suddenly have the preview !!!
Don't ask me how, but at that moment it all went oke.
Trying to do a test flight some kilometers from home resulted in not finding Phantom xxxx in the wifi list.
Now I tried to make a new binding with the camera.
Several times the app gave the message that the QR code was fault, while it was the original on the box.
After trying 3 more times the app accepted the QR code.
And now............................. it's raining and a test flight will hopefully be made tomorrow.
You will be updated.

12-07-14
Today I made a short testflight.
Powered on everything, Phantom, RC, Wifi, Iphone5S
Tried to find Phantomxxxx in Wifi-list
After about 3 minutes Phantomxxxx showed up short and disappeared. This happended several times.
Making connection was not possible.
Powered everything off and on again.
FInally after 5 minutes I got a fixed wifi-connection.
6 satellites available and the Phantom could be launched.
Hovering at about 10 till 15 meters without touching the RC the Phantom was much more instable than before the softwareupgrades/updates.
The Phantom went up and down, left and right in almost no winds. The DJI-propellers were brandnew and this was the first flight.
The Phantom was vibrating, which I have never seen before.

Does anyone know if this behaviour can be adjusted??

JanB

shaun27 said:
tincup said:
shaun27,

What other forums do you check in to? I need all the information I can get.
there is a few on F.B and the R.C site there was a list some were on this site

just had a email saying my p2v as been posted back to me it had a new camera and a Wi-Fi extender after the last update
thanks buzzflyer for sorting it out

have now tested my p2v since getting it back all working apart from the way points turn out the new camera needed updating all good to go tested the way points out all works ok it my be ok for some but I did not like it will not be using again

SOLVED!

Okay, can now connect. Here's what I did to fix it. 1) charged the range extender overnight, 2) in the iphone 5s set the Wi-Fi to Ask to join networks - yes, 3) reloaded the camera sw v1.1.9 and left card in. I suspect reloading the camera software might have done it but have no way to verify. App and camera seems to work but need to wait for the winds to calm down before I can fly to test the whole system.

Interestingly, when I have my home router wifi selected (with a password), there seems to be a conflict to recognize or connect to the phantom. Forgetting the home network then allowed me to connect to the phantom immediately.

Just updated the DJI Vision app(iPhone ver. 1.0.41) and P2V firmware to 3.04 to try out the just released option to fly with WAYPOINTS.

After the update, it is now impossible to connect to the P2V via Wi-Fi.

The P2V does not show up on the Wi-Fi list anymore - The Phantom actually showed op briefly, on the Wi-Fi list, but after choosing the it, I got an error message saying is was "not possible to connect to network". It only showed up this once after having tried now for 1 hour.

I have tried to reboot RC, iPhone, P2V, turn Wi-Fi on/off etc. I even tried to "re-update" the P2V through the PT2 app - and everything shows up as updated and working correctly.

Wi-Fi connection worked perfectly for a flight yesterday (no crashes since), so this is absolutely a firmware issue. So be aware.

Any suggestion how to fix this - or if it's possible to downgrade the P2V firmware, as it's not possible to downgrade the iPhone app to my knowledge?

Thanks.
After installing the latest updates to my P2V, I could no longer connect to "Camera" in the App. After combing the net for hours lol. I found, in the app a binding option. Eventually, run "bind" in the tools, I took the option of bar code read, the original box and ding, the camera id was picked up and stored. The camera connects now. The other options in the BIND tool didn't seem to work. The app has a built in scanner which is easy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik