BE AWARE - No Wi-Fi connection with 3.04

3.04 MESSES WI-FI UP...! BE AWARE.

After having reset everything, and after having tried for 45 min turning everything on/of, today I managed to see the P2V on my iPhone wi-fi list. I selected and it connected. Opening the (updated) app, I saw the P2V listed as connected with the green light. BUT when I select "Camera", I get error message "Connection to Phantom Failed" and there's no connection. Also Ground Station shows error message "Ground Station Failed to Open" and it not working. Very strange the the app shows it's connected to the Phantom network but does not connect anyways?!

The P2V flies fine, and gets GPS lock like normal, but it just will no create a Wi-Fi network eliminating the FPV option in the app.

Everything worked flawlessly before the update - SO BE CAREFULL WITH THIS UPDATE.

I have tried rebinding the camera and app - but this does not change anything.

The problem is clearly that the update messes up the P2V ability to create a network.

Does anyone know, if the is a way to totally "hard reset" the P2V and "start from scratch"?

Attachments

• IMG_3445.PNG
    IMG_3445.PNG
    238.3 KB · Views: 539
So even after connecting to the app - with the "Phantom_6075df" network the app shows an error when "Camera" is selected.

note: and of course the P2V camera is on the "WiFi ON" position.

Attachments

• camera.PNG
    camera.PNG
    195 KB · Views: 546
Dronie,

Have you tried renewing the lease after choosing the range extender in the phones wifi settings? The earlier response where it just started working could point to the phone "remembering" a previous config. There is also an option to use a Static IP.

Have you tried renewing the lease after choosing the range extender in the phones wifi settings?

No, but thanks for the tip. I will do that the next time the phantom shows up in my network and I can connect to it. That happens about once an hour if I keep turning it on/off so it's kind of weird already.

Also weird: sometimes I can see the "Phantom" network on my iMac Wi-Fi list, but it does not show up on my iPhone Wi-Fi list?
I have reset all network settings on the iPhone and it's a 2 week old iPhone 5S that worked perfectly with P2V until the update and it works perfectly with other networks.

So it's 100% sure this update breaks some P2V networks!

The FC200 camera assembly contains the wifi components on the P2V side. It won't show up on most wifi networks, due to the leading space in it's SSID. IIRC, it broadcasts " FC200_xxxxx" or something similar. The Range extender is the part seen by the outside world.

The FC200 has its own firmware and it can be reloaded; but shouldn't need to be. If the system was working before, it should (in theory) work after the update.

The extender can be found at http://192.168.1.2 It has a fairly expansive wifi GUI. If you are willing to risk the consequences, I believe the login is root with a password of 19881209. That info has been discussed in other threads. If the range extender isn't working consistently, a reboot can be executed via the "reset" button which is recessed between the power switch and USB connector.

You may want to try just the extender and a wifi equipped PC to isolate the problem. If the range extender can't be reliably detected, nothing else will experience consistent results. I would try a reset, then test with PC via wifi for consistent operation, then rebind the P2V camera to check operation with the phone app.

You know it flies properly. Try to isolate the actual breakdown. It sounds like it is between the app and range extender.

Issues is starting to be narrowed down. Went to my dealer and tried to connect with a new Wi-Fi range extender. Network and connection was perfect, so in some way the range extender was messes up with the latest update.
Second issue though, was that after connecting the Phantom_xxxx network with the iPhone app, the app would not connect with the camera. So apparently the cam was also messes up with this update..!
Dealer will change cam tomorrow and I hope that solvejs everything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dronie said:
I'm on Android... wonder if it's an issue for iOS users only?

The issue does NOT seem to relate to the app - as I have used several computers to search for Wi-Fi networks (including of course my iPhone), I can see that the P2V does not send out a Wi-Fi signal ( "PHANTOM..." network) anymore like before - and like it did perfectly before the 3.04 upgrade.

So to me it looks like a software issue on the P2V end.

Silly question: have you charged your extender recently?

I've had with DJI one more crappie update ever since update from 1.08 I have problems after problems with my p2v now is no Wi-Fi what I don't understand is how come the updates are working on some but not every ones I know its not just me I have read other people are having the same problem since doing the new update can not get Wi-Fi anyone know how to sort the Wi-Fi on Android have tried to undo the update but still not getting any Wi-Fi

Totally. But found out the Wi-Fi range extender was "broken" after the update. Changing it solved all network issues. Now the only issue left is that cam will not connect to app, so my dealer will also change that tomorrow.

dronie said:

Totally. But Foundation out the Wi-Fi range extender was "broken" after the update. Changing it solved all network issues. Now the only issue left is that cam will not connect to app, so my dealer will also change that tomorrow.

Did you pair the new extender and the camera?

dronie said:
But found out the Wi-Fi range extender was "broken" after the update. Changing it solved all network issues. Now the only issue left is that cam will not connect to app, so my dealer will also change that tomorrow.

Nice. So glad you were able to hone in on the cause.
Still not at all sure how the extender could've been affected by the update at all. Doesn't seem possible. But stranger things have happened.

ok have now tried the new update on both ISO and Android have rebooted until my fingers hurt and still no Wi-Fi have emailed DJI about the problem the same as when my fpv went then the camera recording on its own and now the wifi and each time they have never got back to me once . do DJI test the update or do they just get us Muppets to do it for them

The fact that the update is working for the vast majority of users kind of points to the fact that they DO test it.

As was discovered in this very thread, your problem is likely the extender. Have you tried any of the troubleshooting tips herein (rebinding the extender, connecting to the extender with your laptop or some other device NOT a phone/tab, connecting to the camera directly)?

ProfessorStein said:
The fact that the update is working for the vast majority of users kind of points to the fact that they DO test it.

As was discovered in this very thread, your problem is likely the extender. Have you tried any of the troubleshooting tips herein (rebinding the extender, connecting to the extender with your laptop or some other device NOT a phone/tab, connecting to the camera directly)?

I have since read and found out that the Wi-Fi problem is more wide spread then you think my p2v as had to go back to the DJI dealer to be sorted out and from what he was saying he as got a lot more then mine to do even the dealer cant understand why the update as done this to some and not others like I was told its a 50/50 it could be down to away a person sets they phantom up in the settings I don't no i have email DJI to see if they no as yet they have not got back to me but there northing new there all I no is that its got the have a new extender and yes I did try all of the above first

My dealer has ordered a new cam which they will install with the new extender and then hopefully everything should be ok.
But I saw someone hone in on the cam issue: In the DJI app on iPhone go to "About" and here you can see your cam version - should be 1.1.9 - Maybe if you have issues you have 1.1.7?

The instructions and download are on the DJI website under FCC200 firmware, the zip file contains instructions, follow exactly, or you have a chance to brick the camera. Google info on firmware updates for it first, loads of initial issues with upgrade, but OK if you follow exactly.

But this is Windows only?!? Anyone knows how to update if you are on a Mac?

Attachments

• DJI App.png
    DJI App.png
    249.7 KB · Views: 458
dronie said:
My dealer has ordered a new cam which they will install with the new extender and then hopefully everything should be ok.
But I saw someone hone in on the cam issue: In the DJI app on iPhone go to "About" and here you can see your cam version - should be 1.1.9 - Maybe if you have issues you have 1.1.7?

The instructions and download are on the DJI website under FCC200 firmware, the zip file contains instructions, follow exactly, or you have a chance to brick the camera. Google info on firmware updates for it first, loads of initial issues with upgrade, but OK if you follow exactly.

But this is Windows only?!? Anyone knows how to update if you are on a Mac?

No. Same way, download the package, unzip it, read instructions carefully, update camera firmware. Why mac owners are so...

I think this will ultimately be a battle of firmware updates; and ultimately isolated as a P2V+ routine that is not stable on a P2V.

The particular firmware update I would suspect is the main board update that is forced through assistant working against a FC200 camera runningt the older firmware (1.17)..

Also, having the app stop communicating with the phantom while caching the maps needed for a location may introduce a "flag" that is not properly cleared under certain circumstances. This could create a situation where either the application and data would have to be reset to clear the flag, or a new set of SSIDs would have to be introduced to restart comms between phantom, extender and app.

Ah, It's updated via the cam (and the SD card). My bad, thought it had to be done via the pc or Assistant Software.

But once again DJI is a complete mess putting the update under the Windows icon (giving the impression that it's for Windows only, wouldn't you agree?) when in fact, it's completely platform agnostic.

DJI software and DJI terminology is crappy as hell.!

Did I understand correctly? Dronie got a new camera from his dealer. Camera has outdated firmware; 1.1.9 was released 5 months ago! And now he doesn't know how to update it because he has a mac...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4