Battery not charging

Reaction score
i know its kinda old now but i bought a original DJI Phantom 3 Standard new in its package but it does not take any charge , ive left it charging all morning serveral times and nothing
when clicked 1 time it flashes green 3 to 4 times and suddenly turns off , when 1 click and then hold just turns off or flashes 1 time and it turns off
then when i plug the charger that it came with it lights all 4 green leds 3 times and turns off it just does that i just cant find a solution to this , and the dji store i went told me that it was original but they dident work with them anymore so i cant get a new one , any solutions or should i buy a PH3 non brand battery?

78841598_567880237331790_607454962888212480_n.jpg

Attachments

• 79150647_732309343920505_8325392541033693184_n.jpg
    79150647_732309343920505_8325392541033693184_n.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 507
i know its kinda old now but i bought a original DJI Phantom 3 Standard new in its package but it does not take any charge , ive left it charging all morning serveral times and nothing
when clicked 1 time it flashes green 3 to 4 times and suddenly turns off , when 1 click and then hold just turns off or flashes 1 time and it turns off
then when i plug the charger that it came with it lights all 4 green leds 3 times and turns off it just does that i just cant find a solution to this , and the dji store i went told me that it was original but they dident work with them anymore so i cant get a new one , any solutions or should i buy a PH3 non brand battery?

View attachment 116032
Definitely buy a new DJI battery. You don’t want to mess around with batteries, on less you want your bird falling out of the sky. And new batteries last a long time.

Reactions: Adventures and Land
Have you downloaded the FULL manual for the Phantom 3 Standard ? The Quick Guide in the box is waste of paper ... you need the full manual .... just Google : Phantom 3 Standard Manual ...

OK ... try this :

Remove propellers.
Have Controller on
Insert battery fully into Phantom
Switch on Phantom
Start GO on your phone / tablet and then connect via WiFi to Controller
If necessary select Phantom 3 Standard.

Now if there is any power in the battery and all connects - you should have a screen that you can then use the menu to check what battery reports via telemetry..... if you have cell voltages etc. full charge is 4.35V each cell ...

If battery is not powering the Phantom ... switch all off and we try to recover battery from possible Hibernation Mode.

1. Disconnect all items and let battery sit.
2. Switch on battery (only try switching on once - do not repeat) - IGNORE LIGHTS Do not do anything else .....
3. Let battery sit for at least 5 minutes.
4. Using supplied DJI charger - plug in charger to battery - IGNORE LIGHTS
5. LEAVE IT charging or trying !

It may take all day before the charge starts ... but the sequence 1 through 5 is important. If the battery still fails to charge (during charge - the LED's cycle through and the number of LED's that cycle indicates charge level) ... then you can repeat attempt ... remembering #1 #2 #3 ...
If repeat attempts still fail ... then I'm afraid its replace time.

To be honest any battery that goes into Hibernation Mode - I would be cautious about and replace ... keeping it for test / bench / short use only.

3rd party batterys do work ... but there are a few that will not start up the Phantom ... but luckily they are very few and rare. I have 3rd party batterys as do many others ... as well as original DJI ... absolutely no difference at all.

Attachments

• DJI battery summary.pdf
    61.6 KB · Views: 375
Have you downloaded the FULL manual for the Phantom 3 Standard ? The Quick Guide in the box is waste of paper ... you need the full manual .... just Google : Phantom 3 Standard Manual ...

OK ... try this :

Remove propellers.
Have Controller on
Switch on Phantom

Now if there is any power in the battery and all connects - you should have a screen that you can then use the menu to check what battery reports via telemetry..... if you have cell voltages etc. full charge is 4.35V each cell ...

If battery is not powering the Phantom ... switch all off and we try to recover battery from possible Hibernation Mode.

2. Switch on battery (only try switching on once - do not repeat) - IGNORE LIGHTS Do not do anything else .....

It may take all day before the charge starts ... but the sequence 1 through 5 is important. If the battery still fails to charge (during charge - the LED's cycle through and the number of LED's that cycle indicates charge level) ... then you can repeat attempt ... remembering #1 #2 #3 ...

To be honest any battery that goes into Hibernation Mode - I would be cautious about and replace ... keeping it for test / bench / short use only.

3rd party batterys do work ... but there are a few that will not start up the Phantom ... but luckily they are very few and rare. I have 3rd party batterys as do many others ... as well as original DJI ... absolutely no difference at
Do the off brand ones have all the smart features?

OK ... try this :

Remove propellers.
Have Controller on
Switch on Phantom

3rd party batterys do work ... but there are a few that will not start up the Phantom ... but luckily they are very few and rare. I have 3rd party batterys as do many others ... as well as original DJI ... absolutely no difference at all.
Do they have all the smart features? Like automatic discharging, etc?

Do they have all the smart features? Like automatic discharging, etc?

All P3 batterys are the same and have all the 'smart board' features ...

Charge and discharge control
Auto discharge to Storage
Telemetry info for relay back to controller
etc.

All P3 batterys are the same and have all the 'smart board' features ...

Charge and discharge control
Auto discharge to Storage
Telemetry info for relay back to controller
etc.
Ok cool, why buy off brand? Also can dji tell? Because it’d probably void insurance or any warranty.

Ok cool, why buy off brand? Also can dji tell? Because it’d probably void insurance or any warranty.

The subject has been done to death on forums and some wild accusations have been made as well.

Let me give an example of real life and 3rd party battery :

I bricked my P3P trying to downgrade FW. (Believe me - not worth it !). I took it to Certified DJI Centre.
Guy saw and commented on the non DJI battery's in the case - I'd forgotten to remove from the bag. I admitted that it was powered by he 3rd party battery at the time.

DJI took the P3P ... diagnosed that the board was at fault ... replaced board Free of Charge ... and even made comment that they 'advise' to use genuine batterys. But the battery did not void the warranty.

If you read the DJI documents carefully - they word warranty in unclear and somewhat vague implied terms on this.
The fact is that if damage is caused as a result of a 3d party item - then its accepted that they can revoke warranty. But if the damage is not caused by the 3rd party item - then they have legal right t revoke. The problem is whether we as a person in the street can fight a big boy company.
I found this out with Ford Motor Company years ago ... the fact they sold me a car with a known fault did nothing to prevent them delaying and avoiding the issue till such time I was so out of pocket and suffering - I had to give up.

The subject has been done to death on forums and some wild accusations have been made as well.

Let me give an example of real life and 3rd party battery :

I bricked my P3P trying to downgrade FW. (Believe me - not worth it !). I took it to Certified DJI Centre.
Guy saw and commented on the non DJI battery's in the case - I'd forgotten to remove from the bag. I admitted that it was powered by he 3rd party battery at the time.

DJI took the P3P ... diagnosed that the board was at fault ... replaced board Free of Charge ... and even made comment that they 'advise' to use genuine batterys. But the battery did not void the warranty.

If you read the DJI documents carefully - they word warranty in unclear and somewhat vague implied terms on this.
The fact is that if damage is caused as a result of a 3d party item - then its accepted that they can revoke warranty. But if the damage is not caused by the 3rd party item - then they have legal right t revoke. The problem is whether we as a person in the street can fight a big boy company.
I found this out with Ford Motor Company years ago ... the fact they sold me a car with a known fault did nothing to prevent them delaying and avoiding the issue till such time I was so out of pocket and suffering - I had to give up.
Ok good to know. Thanks for all the information. That sucks, sorry about your trouble with Ford.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers