Battery charge cycle

Reaction score
I've read several posts regarding what a battery charge cycle is as opposed to a partial charge from a normal flight. I followed the guidelines regarding light use of the battery during the first flights but discharged to 8% after 20 flights thinking that was the recommended interval. Now with 45 flights my battery data shows 16 cycles. Is the discharge to 8% every 20 cycles recommendation by DJI based on the cycles shown in the battery data?

Reactions: Phantom George
That's what DJI recommends. Cycle when the assistant data says 20 cycles.

They have advertised 300 cycles but I haven't heard of any getting past 150 yet. I'm still trying to get 100 out of mine. My problem is I rotate between 6 batteries so it will take a while. My last one died from bulging at 45 cycles.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phantom George
I've just done the conditioning thing after 20 cycles - discharged to 8-10% & fully recharged - all my cell levels are now spot on, only 0.1 between each other

(so example - 4.25, 4.25, 4.25, 4.26)

Prior to the 20 cycle 8-10% discharge I was experiencing one of the cells 0.5 difference to the others & was worrying that the battery was cactus.

So everything seems good after 2-3 flights - also I'm noticing that when fully charged it's now showing 23mins flight time.

So now the battery has been conditioned as per DJI instructions is it ok to discharge to approx 30%?

I only used to discharge to 40% before this - I've read on here about not to take it below 20% or land when the cells go yellow which they did whilst discharging to 8-10%

Last edited:
I've read several posts regarding what a battery charge cycle is as opposed to a partial charge from a normal flight. I followed the guidelines regarding light use of the battery during the first flights but discharged to 8% after 20 flights thinking that was the recommended interval. Now with 45 flights my battery data shows 16 cycles. Is the discharge to 8% every 20 cycles recommendation by DJI based on the cycles shown in the battery data?

Someone on a thread on here explained that say your battery is at 50% & you charge it then that's half a cycle - if say your battery is at 25% & you charge it then that is 3/4 of a cycle - I hope that makes sense

I have done around 40+ flights & just done the the 20 cycle thing

Spot on where the cycling balanced out then cells again. That's the intent.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl