Balancing a genuine new DJI propeller

I have found, of all the different props i have used on different quads and hexes, the dji p3 props are by far the best when it comes to balance. Having said that, i still balance mine. They aren't off by much, but considering it's what keeps the craft in the air and is the primary moving part, it's a small thing to do for extra insurance.

I have found, of all the different props i have used on different quads and hexes, the dji p3 props are by far the best when it comes to balance. Having said that, i still balance mine. They aren't off by much, but considering it's what keeps the craft in the air and is the primary moving part, it's a small thing to do for extra insurance.

Agree. I'd say 95% of mine have been perfect from the start, but every now and then one is a little off.

Balancing props is a good rainy day project when you can't fly, or the wind is howling. I use a green marker and put a little green dot on the hub when they have been checked or balanced. That way I'm sure it's good to go. Fly Safe ! [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Kima kim and J Dot
+1,
I find about 50% are truly balanced, other 50% slightly off.( but not bad ) But like above, I ALWAYS balance my props, takes 5 minutes to do all 4. Time well spent! Well balanced craft ( correctly calibrated ), well balanced props, makes for smooth footage, and stable flight! ( plus added bonus, balanced props lead to longer motor bearing life as well. ). So lots of advantages to advantage of!;)

Hope this helps.
J Dot
:cool:

About 50% of my DJI props have also been just a bit off balance. While they would have probably been fine to use as-is, I like to balance them since I already have the tools to do it on hand. Here's an example of how it's done:

As for the tools needed to balance the props, you can find a list of compatible prop balancers and rods here.

Do you suggest putting the same "tape" to balance the hub or should we remedy it with the sandpaper?

I use tape since it's easier to do and does not permanently alter the props. A thin strip of clear Scotch tape on the underside of the light side of the prop will do it.

I use tape since it's easier to do and does not permanently alter the props. A thin strip of clear Scotch tape on the underside of the light side of the prop will do it.

Thank you msinger.
Yes, putting a Scotch tape would be wiser as it would also not mess with the "integrity" of the props material. Will balance the props. Thanks!

+1,
I find about 50% are truly balanced, other 50% slightly off.( but not bad ) But like above, I ALWAYS balance my props, takes 5 minutes to do all 4. Time well spent! Well balanced craft ( correctly calibrated ), well balanced props, makes for smooth footage, and stable flight! ( plus added bonus, balanced props lead to longer motor bearing life as well. ). So lots of advantages to advantage of!;)

Hope this helps.
J Dot
:cool:

Thanks!

Thanks!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20