Bad CSC

Reaction score
The CSC command on my quad doesn't work well. P3P.
I mean the shutting-off command. It takes around 3 second before the motors shut down and sometimes I get even more power to some of the motors because they think the have to fly sideways.

On my PV2+ the CSC worked perfectly and immediately.
Do I something wrong? (It doesn't matter of I perform the CSC inwards or outwards)
Have anybody of you the same experience?

I'm a little afraid for my motors that after a tip-over I cannot stop them immediately.

After you land, you should be holding the left stick down in order to shut off the motors. That will prevent the usual tip-overs that you often hear about.

Reactions: skyhighdiver
Someone said when the props hit something they stop on the P3. Wana try it out for us, lol?

Agreed, I was seeing the same issue where the motors spin up faster when trying to disable them. Holding the throttle down all the way seems to work. Some of us old R/C people would love to see a dedicated throttle/power cut switch on the radio. I don't care for the combination moves or holding the stick down for a few seconds to power off the motors. Also the stick that controls the throttle should not self-center.

Someone said when the props hit something they stop on the P3. Wana try it out for us, lol?
Well one of the motors stopped turning but the was a very strong vibrating action inside the motor and to stop that I had to turn the battery off.

After you land, you should be holding the left stick down in order to shut off the motors. That will prevent the usual tip-overs that you often hear about.

It is not for to prevent tip-overs. Normally I don't have them. But if it occurs I want to stop the motors immediately.

hand catch........ all problems solved.

catch with right hand, throttle down with left hand.

hand catch........ all problems solved.

catch with right hand, throttle down with left hand.

It is not a question on how to land but how to stop the motors. About, according to my opinion, the malfunction of the CSC-command. As I said on my PV2+ CSC worked perfectly.

This looks like a kind of software error.

It is that way by design. Think about it...
Actually, I think the stick self-centers to support mode 1 and mode 2 not for any better reason. To my knowledge nobody flys R/C aircraft with a self centering throttle stick!

Actually, I think the stick self-centers to support mode 1 and mode 2 not for any better reason. To my knowledge nobody flys R/C aircraft with a self centering throttle stick!
How many of said craft are meant for video/photography?.

Controller mode (1-4) specs. do not include stick mechanics, only channel assignment.

Center throttle instructs the FC to maintain altitude. Without it you'd be pogo-ing all the time.

Reactions: mad in nc
Controller mode (1-4) specs. do not include stick mechanics, only channel assignment.

Center throttle instructs the FC to maintain altitude. Without it you'd be pogo-ing all the time.

agree... ever fly a $50 SYMA X5? it doesn't self center... true manual mode!

but for a $1,000 + investment, with HD video capability I like the "heel" ability w GPS capability. Nothing wrong with it.

Throttle sticks without self centering stay in the center just fine, there is still some friction. A little expo will help too. I can see there is some advantage of self centering sticks for video recording but it does not feel right to me (coming from an R/C heli/plane) background. 3DR has altitute hold that works great with a regular radio so the self centering stick is not the only way to achieve stable altitude.

Last edited:
It is not a question on how to land but how to stop the motors. About, according to my opinion, the malfunction of the CSC-command. As I said on my PV2+ CSC worked perfectly.

This looks like a kind of software error.
This has been discussed over and over since the vision 1 came out
the csc is for take off only, for motor shut off Left stick all the way down
If you do a csc for motor shut off you will get a surge of motors and more than likely a tip over and or a scuffed prop
But then Ive only got 598 flights on my V1 & V2 and 18 now on my V3 so what do I know

I had catch 100% of time anyway and have since my 2rd flight. Best way to save on props and dirt intake;)

This has been discussed over and over since the vision 1 came out
the csc is for take off only, for motor shut off Left stick all the way down
If you do a csc for motor shut off you will get a surge of motors and more than likely a tip over and or a scuffed prop
But then Ive only got 598 flights on my V1 & V2 and 18 now on my V3 so what do I know

I had catch 100% of time anyway and have since my 2rd flight. Best way to save on props and dirt intake;)

Yes I think CSC is dangerous for shutdown. I had a moment when I thought the bird was all the way down and I don't know why I did a CSC instead of a left stick hold down but the bird flailed around and flipped. No damage I was in the grass just some dirt on the P3.

I haven't tried hand catching yet. I'm a bit nervous I'll slit my wrists or something. This is my first copter with GPS. As a result I'm seeing it's a bit erratic in its movements when it's trying to maintain position especially during windy days. With hand catching all it would take is some downwind to hit your arm I would think?

The trick is to bring your Phantom down so the rotors are above eye level and you don't fly the Phantom close toward yourself.
Stop it a couple of metres away where you can see how steady it is, step toward it, reach up and grab up near the top of one of the legs.
Shut down the throttle with your left hand and .. voila .. you've got a bird in the hand.
This keeps your sensitive areas well away from the danger zone and it's easy to have a safe, gentle practice without committing.

Reactions: skyhighdiver

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31