Awsome Launch Pad

Reaction score
So I found an Ideal Launch pad for the bird a few months back and decided to give it a shot, unfortunately I couldn't get onto it as it was fenced off (must be a good reason) so I dug a bit more on google earth and I may attempt to go back as it's basically 5 mins ride away from me. looking at the shape of it and the metal vents or generators (if that's what they are) i'm guessing it may not be a good idea after all in case it plays with the compass.

I took a screen shot with the latitude to copy and paste if anyone lives nearby in London, England (it's in Bromley...down the road from Lewisham) if you know what the heck this is then answers on a post card please
Screenshot (28).png

That looks like a dump site. Those are probably vents. Your right, it is fenced off for a reason, I would avoid flying there.
Could you get access to the other open area at the end of Thorton Rd? Or Shaftesbury Park if they are allowed?

Reactions: Neon Euc
I did give it a shot but no luck. I may just knock on one of the doors and see if I can get more info. Looks interesting to launch from tho

Sent from my HUAWEI LYO-L01 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Or it's an underground bunker....Most of the dump sites I've seen only had crude pipes coming out to vent the methane, not ventilations shafts (which usually have electric motors that could potentially ignite the gas put out by a dump.

Interestingly enough though it's on airspace charts as a "Park" so it should be legit.

Drone Safety Map by Altitude Angel | Altitude Angel

Last edited:
I reckon it looks like an under ground water storage tank. There's loads around the country. I expect its the highest point around.

Reactions: Falcon900

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic