LED launch area flares?

Reaction score
So, I'm at a big Memorial Day Weekend gathering at a family's spread. 230 lovely/varied drone acres. Me likey!

I was putting in my P3A's first serious runs as I'm a new owner. First drone ever.

Kids were by the dozen of ALL ages. You can understand and predict their curiosity both with the P3A as well as the Air Pad 2/RC combo.

Despite repeated friendly warnings, it was somewhat hard to keep them at bay.

I was especially dissed at a 30-ish father and young son kicking a soccer ball around, very near my setup.

Anyway, I'm considering buying a set of these for future launch setups, depending on scenarios.

Thoughts?

Amazon.com: Red LED Emergency Roadside Flares - Magnetic Base and Upright Stand - these Magnatek Red LED Beacons May Save Your Life - Our Road Flares come with Batteries and Solid Storage case.: Automotive

Or maybe Beacon Pro?

http://www.tmsmedicaltechnologies.c...ghts, Flares + Collapsible Cones Brochure.pdf

Last edited:
I would get them all as well as a safety yellow vest and hard hat with a strobe on it. .....Or you could fly where you're not surrounded by people.

Tobby

Last edited:
How about a bunch of these?
f7884eaa563f7d233cbf669d82b3bcba.jpg

Reactions: cfd701
Alright, alright!

All funnin' aside... :)

When you're a new owner, and your first great flying opportunity geographically (and weather-wise) happens to be a big re-union on major acreage 120 miles from home...would you pass it up?

Maybe my ground lights idea is over the top, which is why I tossed the thought out here.

If you want the attention, fine, fly where you're sure to get it. If not, don't count on flares and lights to keep the crowds back.

Tobby

Ideal crowd attractor, better being out of the way and not calling attention to your flying, or have someone with you to answer any questions and keep the crowd at bay

Alright, alright!

All funnin' aside... :)

When you're a new owner, and your first great flying opportunity geographically (and weather-wise) happens to be a big re-union on major acreage 120 miles from home...would you pass it up?

Maybe my ground lights idea is over the top, which is why I tossed the thought out here.

No, let them fly it too.

This is like putting a box of candy by the water cooler and telling everyone they can't have one.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic