automatic gps flights with Phantom 2

Reaction score
Hey! I want to know what's the best way to have a phantom 2 follow a path made of several control points but I keep finding people recommending Autopilot even though phantom 2 is not listed in his suitable hardware. There's no way I can get a newer-version drone :(

Hey! I want to know what's the best way to have a phantom 2 follow a path made of several control points but I keep finding people recommending Autopilot even though phantom 2 is not listed in his suitable hardware. There's no way I can get a newer-version drone :(

If you own a phantom 2 non-vision Autopilot will not work for that model. If you want to install Lightbridge and setup a ground station that will allow you to setup waypoints but you would be better off upgrading to the newer technology.

I've been looking at this as well DJI Ground station hardware is your best bet then you will need a IPAD or a PC to use it it retails for $200 but you can get them for $120 if you look around. As I'm researching right now though it's no where as good as the other stuff out there as it is just a straight shot software, no panning left and right or circling if I am reading up on it right. Some used ones sold on eBay as well for 70-90, always a warning with used of course, I have bought a lot of used and not many issues. From my research this is the cheapest and easiest way to do way points and thus far there is no easy way without out seriously changing stuff out like your flight computer to get a phone to do much like the newer stuff and at that point your better selling your rig and getting the newer tech.

Not sure but dont DJI sell a bluetooth system for the P2 to allows waypoint flying ?

Not sure but dont DJI sell a bluetooth system for the P2 to allows waypoint flying ?

There are two systems for way points datalink and lightbridge depending on how much one would like have and can afford. Here is a video on the datalink.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers