Australian Phantom Flyers!

A member of the local model aero club I'm considering joining informed me that there is insurance included in membership covered by AMAS and it is for a substantial amount but it is only aplicable if you are flying over propety that you have express permission to be flying over,and of cause you need to be opperating within the bounds of regulations.
Membership in AMAS included in membership of club.
Insurance covers 3rd party property damage,not your aircraft.
I'm not sure if it covers 3rd party personal injury.

Recreational no, I got a third party quote to 5mil' at $380pa. This was for my company though.

NSWFF and CLAS have resist a email with this years fire warning about drones with the motto being "DON'T GO THERE" SO PLEASE DO THE RIGHT THING as the last person who didn't wishers he now did , so though of you don't know what happen last year on the central coast of NSW Some **** put his drone up in a bush fire so they wouldn't airal bomb the fire because of the drone ,so home's and 1 life was lost because of him

Also guy you want to look up the new laws from casa go to there website i thing you will all get a surprise as rpas certification laws were overhaul this july

Oh wow what a lovely bit of kit my p3p is first flight in moderator winds and wow put my walkera qxr350pro to sameand the cx20 don't even gets a look in now i know what all the hyde is over

Yes it's an amazing craft. I sometimes fly along the beach near Frankston in Melbourne. The beach is usually deserted in the evenings and the sunsets are breathtaking.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    7.1 MB · Views: 414
Reactions: azagil and Dawso202
Hi All

Have a Issue I hold the RC power on to start it up and all the lights up then goes off, I then tried the Phantom 3 Pro buy pushing the battery button on and same thing lights come on the go off has anyone had this issue ?

All flights before this some days back all was ok.

Hope someone has had this Issue and have solved it or have read about it will wait for a reply before doing anthing else.

David

Hi Detrack,
You have to push the on button on both the controller and the phantom twice to switch them on. Once and let go, second time hold for 2sec's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Detrack,
You have to push the on button on both the controller and the phantom twice to switch them on. Once and let go, second time hold for 2sec's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi sbarso

What a D/head I am :oops: talk about a memory laps and that not good If I want to keep this bird in the sky and home in one piece .
Thank you so much for slapping in the face to kick start my memory Lol ;)

I heard a few years ago that CASA were going to relax the rules on commercial flying of drones under 2kg. Then about 6 months ago it came out in the press in articles like this one

Nocookies

Has anyone heard when this will happen? I run my own photography business and have spent around $8000 on drones but have to keep turning down commercial work, its very frustrating. :mad:

Reactions: Dawso202
Its has happened go to the fia website on the new relaxed rules on drones due to time it takes to get licensed

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164