Australian Phantom Flyers!

I visited a club with a field at Doyalston ....but there was nobody there on a Saturday afternoon! Currently building a website which I hope will become a focus for Aussie flyers in NSW if not all states.......as for adding a forum......would depend on if it build up enough and would cater for all type quads in sections. Another focus is the terminally boring hair tugging wait for deliveries from China! Not many know that at least three main sellers online....are owned by the same company...and deliveries from all are routed from the same warehouse....which has little or no stock and buys in as ordered.....I am informed by a Chinese shop owner in Sydney!
Hi Vinny, Like the idea of an aussie website. If you need a hand with it I have been a site designer and builder for over 20 years. I currently use Antenna rapid development for my sites.
I've never had any problems importing from China !! Yes, you have to be patient with the shipping, but everything has eventually shown up.

Hi Vinny, Like the idea of an aussie website. If you need a hand with it I have been a site designer and builder for over 20 years. I currently use Antenna rapid development for my sites.
I've never had any problems importing from China !! Yes, you have to be patient with the shipping, but everything has eventually shown up.

I just got around to to thinking the - as far s I can see.... all the quad forum are US based and that even though "we" are a big country and distance between cities are a problem for non pro sports etc,. - then an Aussie based forum may be useful...alongside top forum like this one.
Wil PM you later.... off to Sydney now to collect my P3P

Bruce I actually live in 5ways which is about 10mins from pakky...not much I could teach u I just got into the whole aerial photography thing 3months ago..

Bruce are there any good locations to film near pakky?I was just at Cranbourne botanical gardens and got some oK shots

Bruce are there any good locations to film near pakky?I was just at Cranbourne botanical gardens and got some oK shots
I have been practicing around the Pakky golf club. I have been asked to film each hole for a promotional video. I have another golf club to do for instructional video's as well. I am trading games for videos at the moment. I have had a bit of experience with Adobe Premier, and Adobe After Effects CS5 making ads over the last few years. I mainly do websites for small companies (I'm really retired).

Seems like everyone else has a local thread, I thought I'd start ours!

I'm from Melbourne Victoria. I know of one other phantom pilot in Melbourne, but I'm sure there is more of us. I'm still fairly new and learning but I'd be up for catching up with others :)

Newbie. On the Central Coast, with just arrived P3 looking for anybody in driving distance of Gosford, Wyong, The Entrance general area....would like to know somebody was there to save the quad if I lose it!

Hi all

Anyone on here in oz that have used a 12v charge charge and what type and if you not mined were to get one for the P3

Hope you can help heading out to a remote area next week and only have two batteries.

David

Hi all

Anyone on here in oz that have used a 12v charge charge and what type and if you not mined were to get one for the P3

Hope you can help heading out to a remote area next week and only have two batteries.

David
G'day David
I just spotted this in another thread here on the forum and thought you might be interested.
I don't have a P2 or P3 so don't know if there's a difference between the batteries connections but if they're the same this should work for you.
There is some stock at the Australian wharehouse so you might be able to get it shipped to you before you go away.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/..._for_DJI_Phantom_2_Battery_AU_Warehouse_.html

G'day

Another from Brisbane, on the bayside. About to buy my first phantom, a P3 advanced. Probably will purchase it from jaGps however was looking at rippit but they're having trouble with stock in the advanced.

Few questions, who is using a backpack? I'm looking at a decent one, budgets up to ~$250. Looking for good foam support for the phantom and accessories, good quality and extra compartments for an iPad and day hiking gear as I'll be taking it over to Colombia when I go back this year.

Also regarding lens filters, looking for a polarised filter, what others do I need /should I have and what brand kits,

Dave.

Last edited:
I have a hard shell backpack. Absolutely brilliant and I wouldn't be without it. Carries everything I need as far as the drone goes. It cost $240 but was hard to come by so I paid the premium. It's a copy of the DJI one.

I bought the DJI hard shell backpack and spare battery deal. Well worth the money, foam insert is spot on and allows for extra props, batteries etc. ideal

I went camping on a 4 day long weekend, and accidentally left my chargers at home.
In desperation I hooked up a couple of wires directly from a 12v battery to the terminals on one of my less trusted batteries (in case it ruined it) and found that it charged the battery just fine. You just have to turn the battery ON to trip the charging. and it doesn't seem to detect that it's full, so you'll have to stop it yourself after all 4 lights have stopped flashing and stayed lit up for a little while.
If the P3 batteries are more than 11.1v, which I think from memory they are, then it's probably not going to fully charge them, but it would at least give you some charge, which is better than nothing if you're completely grounded from no power.

I'd not recommend it as an ongoing solution, but when you're a long way from home and no chance in heck of getting a charger, it was either that or do no flying. The good thing is that it was less painful to the 12v battery too. Most of these 240v inverters ramp the 12v up to 240v and then the charger drops it back down to a much lower level to charge the batteries, and that's quite wasteful on your car battery.
I

Hey guys,
New to the both forums here and the DJI world.
I'm from the north shore in Sydney.

Regarding bags I wanted something that would fit absolutely everything, so I bought a large $50 bag on eBay. Its good but being so large it's not the nicest to walk long distances with.

g'day mate!

I live in Bali and I'm planning to move to Perth WA with my wife (she is Australian)

Maybe I will find a job in aerial photography because I have experiences. But Im curious about CASA Certified RPAS Pilot.. is it free? Can I get the test/lesson in Perh WA ?
and is there any local drone or DJI forum/website/group in Perh WA ?

thanks!

G'day hudiaratama
Is it free? No,it will cost from $2000 to $5500 for basic certification depending on what aircraft you want to use and what you want to do with it.
Cost seems to vary a lot between training organisations and how you do the course.Ther are some online options that are less expensive,at the $2000 end of the scale.
There are some training organisations that operate in Perth.

Do a google search for "CASA RPAS Certification" and the major players will be listed.

Hey guys,
I'm new to both DJI world and this site. Just recently got a P3P.
I'm from Melbourne SouthEast.

Cheers!

Hi Melbournites, Au
Inspire 1, F550, F450 and Phantom 2 FPV, H4 3D owner. Recently obtained an RPAS Controller certificate, possibility of some interesting work coming up soon. Fly around some interesting parts of Victoria with some great footage taken.
North West suburban based.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl