Australian Phantom Flyers!

Personally, I've never bothered with balancing the props except for checking them before and after each flight for any nicks or bug splatter. I guess a piece of 3mm rod that is straight and free from any surface crud would work (P4). I would be inclined to use a dead flat friction free surface where the rod is retained in place when you spin it, having visions of the the rod spinning off the glass. Had a look on fleabay and I would probably just buy one of the Dubro kits and be done with it. It can sit there with my two chainsaws, pole saw, brush cutter and electric chainsaw sharpener and a host of other stuff that pays for itself each time I use them but for the most part just stare at me in the garage when I walk past them.

Reactions: DPAus
You will need M6 LH & RH threaded ends on your rod, 3mm should be ok.

Balancing factory props is largely unnecessary, they are very close out of the packet.

- Thanks. I just realised I left out that I fly a P4P... not the threaded prop shafts... but more to the point in your reply is that it is prob not worth the hassle of adding yet another task to do / remember / buy. With a little more reading it seems the manufacturinf tolerances of the blades - at least for the P4P - are pretty recise.

A point to mention here is that I believe in only using DJI brand props... who knows the quality of any rip offs / copy versions.

- Thanks. I just realised I left out that I fly a P4P... not the threaded prop shafts... but more to the point in your reply is that it is prob not worth the hassle of adding yet another task to do / remember / buy. With a little more reading it seems the manufacturinf tolerances of the blades - at least for the P4P - are pretty recise.

A point to mention here is that I believe in only using DJI brand props... who knows the quality of any rip offs / copy versions.
Balancing won’t hurt anything, I’m just pleased I can get away with not doing it without any ill effects. I can’t say the same about my RC heli blades, they all need lots of fiddling with.

Hi All

Anyone recommend a good Dji service centre within Vic or even better West of Melbourne.

Try CR Kennedy in Port Melbourne. DJI's actual repair centre is around Burwood, VIC...but everything must go through their online booking system and processes...can be painful....

Anyone still following this thread.

Melbourne - SE Suburbs.

Where have you flown lately?

PS: DJI PILOTS:

I have a $160 voucher to put towards the purchase of either the regular or RE edition of the DJI Goggles from the official AUS store. If anyone is interested, let me know

RoOSTA

Last edited:
VICs, where are some nice spots you guys have gone flying?

VICs, where are some nice spots you guys have gone flying?

I’ve flown Lake Hume and some valleys around home
IMG_0521.jpg
IMG_0519.jpg

Hi all, a bit late to the party - only just discovered this thread. I'm based in Newcastle on the NSW central coast. Heaps of restricted air around here but I take my Phantom 3A bush when I get the chance.

Reactions: Doug Rosevear
Proposed CASA registration/licensing - had your say yet?

CASA have a discussion paper on-line setting out their proposal for registration of Australian drones and accreditation (licensing) of pilots. The new requirements are to be introduced for recreational pilots around September 2019. CASA have on on-line survey to gather user reaction to the proposals. Responses close February 22 2019.

Proposed new remotely piloted aircraft (RPA) registration and RPAS operator accreditation scheme (PP 1816US) - Civil Aviation Safety Authority - Citizen Space

Reactions: Loz
Need to organise a catch up at some point in the coming month...who is available/interested in Melbourne?

Hey mate I’m in Vic but up on the border about 3-4 hrs away from Melbourne

Hey Doug, where abouts? I'm coming up through Shepparton, then Cobram and a but further (plans at this stage anyway) over this Easter weekend. Are you near these places at all?

Hey Doug, where abouts? I'm coming up through Shepparton, then Cobram and a but further (plans at this stage anyway) over this Easter weekend. Are you near these places at all?

Hey mate I’m in Wodonga On the Border (it’s on the Hume Freeway) about 90mins from Cobram

Hey guys. When the weather gets warmer, I plan on organising a meet up...will post on here and facebook groups for the Victorian/Melbourne region. If you're keen, quote this post and I'll keep your username handy to send a DM to closer to the proposed date with event details.

Reactions: Doug Rosevear
Hey guys, im in canberra. Ive a lowly phantom 3s but sayi g that have had zero problems with it for over a year. Looking to get a p4 then will mod the controller for extended range.

A yone know of a place in aus for repairs or mods, ive done a net search and come up with buggerall. I thought drone world would but the seem to go for high end drones no mavic or phantoms.
Im looking to mod the p4 controller similar to the p4 falcon.

Hey guys, im in canberra. Ive a lowly phantom 3s but sayi g that have had zero problems with it for over a year. Looking to get a p4 then will mod the controller for extended range.

A yone know of a place in aus for repairs or mods, ive done a net search and come up with buggerall. I thought drone world would but the seem to go for high end drones no mavic or phantoms.
Im looking to mod the p4 controller similar to the p4 falcon.
You can buy the FPVLR kit on eBay and depending on where you live have a third party install it for you. I have a boosted setup on mine done a few years ago and it works well. With the advent of occusync etc, the mods became redundant as people were getting the same range straight out of the box with their P4 Pros and the like.

Reactions: tempestuous

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.