Australian Phantom Flyers!

Lovely day for a fly in Melbourne.

BTW; I've used my P2V to help some conservationists. If any of you guys are particularly politically motivated there's a number of applications that are legal as hobbyists under CASA rules. You could film a protest from a park nearby, or damage done to a State Forest by psuedo-legal clear felling.

Good evening all, just joined the forum. I am from Adelaide, Christies Beach.
I have the first version of the Phantom, and running a gopro black edition.
I have not been flying long, but getting used to it slowly.
Keep me posted on any Australian get togethers please.

Peter.

Mandurah, WA here. Had my vision about 4 weeks, pretty pleased with it overall. Had my first crash today too! :-(

Where did you fellow Aussies buy your phantoms? I'm in Melb. Online? Best prices? Looking for a phantom 2 w 3D gimbal and FPV setup.

Im based in Sydney.

Have just bought myself a Phantom 2, H3-3D gimbal, ImmersionRC vtx, Black Pearl Monitor, Mini iOSD, and SpiroNet antennas to get going with FPV.

Anyone else in Sydney?

Cheers

James

welcome fella's anyone looking for phantoms in Brisbane , or repairs we are here http://www.danielspitstop.com.au
I hope that's not the phantom I received in the mail today from Mandurah for repair lol if its not on the site don't worry just give us a ring and we will have it in in 48 hrs from order date from the Australian Wholesalers
pete

Hey guys,
Melbourne here. Had the P2 for about 5 weeks now. Not much air time though, sadly Melbourne weather suxs. Also some issues with the unit from day 1 which I am sorting out with the shop. But she flies real nice. I do alot of 4wding which will add a challenge to flying it while driving off road. But that's all part of the learning curve ay.
TIP: DON'T update firmware for the phantom 2 straight away. Wait at least 2 weeks after its released so that if it has problems then you are not affected. If the firmware has issues they will post it here and you can decide if you want to risk the upload or not. Take it from me guys, DON'T be in a hurry to update the firmware, they are having issues with it.

Hope to catch up with some of you local guys for a fly around.

Another Brisbane flyer here. Had my P2V+ for almost a month and definitely interested in group flight get together.
I fly over west side and occasionally Redcliffe area where I rumble with the Kite Gangs over there.
Been too cold and windy the last few days and our mountain is on fire again, but I got it up today :)

Hi everyone, geese its good to see so many Aussies here although Im starting to think I'm not the only one on the block anymore. ****, my cool factor has gone down lol.

Anyway for all you Aussies out there I thought id pass on some Aussie innovation with a Click-ON prop guard that me and my mates designed. Originally it was just for our own use as we hated the idea of screwing on and off the prop guard, its such a pain.

We've had really good feedback from people so weve decided to put it online for sale. Its made using a laser 3d printer in the Netherlands and ships directly from the factory to the customer. We made it out of a high quality plastic (there was a cheaper plastic) for strength and durability and fits like a glove. This was designed for us for our own use so weve been pretty fussy to get it right and yeah pretty proud of what weve done. Have sold now to the U.S., UK, Italy, Ireland, Malaysia, UAE but no Aussies yet.

Anyway if your interested go to http://www.fusionimaging.com.au

14722030405_77f33970c3_b.jpg

14535375978_26c28a78f0_b.jpg

14535367370_813e23d19d_b.jpg

14535369160_aba170536f_b.jpg

Reactions: Bronson
Ozzyguy said:
I may actually use prop guards now.

Take the plunge, we have sales from all over the planet but sadly no Aussies yet ..... Well a part from ourselves lol :(

jamesbrett said:
Im based in Sydney.

Have just bought myself a Phantom 2, H3-3D gimbal, ImmersionRC vtx, Black Pearl Monitor, Mini iOSD, and SpiroNet antennas to get going with FPV.

Anyone else in Sydney?

Cheers

James

Im in Sydney, I have a P2V+ as well as the P2 with H3-2D that I bought off a mate, the guy who actually got me into this in the first place ha ha ha.

Living in Townsville, Phantom, great fun, like to catch up with others,

I'm back [FACE WITH STUCK-OUT TONGUE AND WINKING EYE]
Have you missed me??

Been months since I've had my phantom out of its storage tub, glad to say I'm getting everything together and ready for a possible flight on Thursday, I'm assuming there has been some updates since January haha

Hi, new owner here in Perth.
I bought all my gear in Thailand a few weeks ago, Phantom 2, H3-3D gimbal, 7" Boscam RX-5802 LCD Monitor, Mini iOSD, AVL58 and 2 spare batteries.
I must of walked past the store about 10 times and checking the exchange rates before pulling the card out, I got all the above setup, ready to fly for AU$1700.
Did my first flight the other morning, I'm hooked.

hey, just looking for someone around Brisbane/Gold Coast area using a fatshark or boscam set up preferably with a go pro 3 that could give me a hand troubleshooting..

No matter what I've tried I cant get video. looking for a known working transmitter/receiver that i can test my transmitter and receiver with. anyone able to help?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl