ATTENTION! DJI GO 3.1.0 Buggy Firmware!

Does the map follow work on the device running 3.1.0?

Yes it does. This afternoon on the way I am going to put a flight in and test it again.
are you referring to the follow me mode?.

Yes it does. This afternoon on the way I am going to put a flight in and test it again.
are you referring to the follow me mode?.
No, sorry I probably wasn't very clear :)
I mean if you start flying, does the small map keep the AC centered when you fly around?
Mine with 2.8 does keep it centered but the 3.1 doesn't, the map doesn't move with the AC so to speak.

Reactions: DEMENTED941
I am going to test it and report back in this thread. The device is use the most for droning is the one with DJI GO App 3.1.0

no issues here with all latest updates and firmware installed and test flights shows no issues guess I'm one of the lucky ones for now

no issues here with all latest updates and firmware installed and test flights shows no issues guess I'm one of the lucky ones for now
Could you please report which device you own? Tablet/phone, model etc....

DJI released a new 3.1.0 version (android) about 3 days later (2016-11-18).
The old version is 101.842kb, the new one is 101.836kb.
I did not test these versions, perhaps the issue is fixed now.

Edit:
The same goes for DJI GO version 3.0.1.
First version is 102.139kb, second version is 102.354kb.

Edit:
Just received an update notification for DJI GO (2016-11-26), it's still version 3.1.0 (android), this version is 101.837kb in size.
So as of now there are 3 different versions of the DJI GO app version 3.1.0 !!

Last edited:
DJI released a new 3.1.0 version (android) about 3 days later (2016-11-18).
The old version is 101.842kb, the new one is 101.836kb.
I did not test these versions, perhaps the issue is fixed now.

My friend, this is the version that creates the most of the problems and the title of the thread.

My friend, this is the version that creates the most of the problems and the title of the thread.
Maybe I was not clear, there are 2 different versions of the DJI GO app 3.1.0.
The second one was released 3 days after the first one, both versions differ in size.

The same goes for DJI GO versions 3.0.1

(All android, I don't know about apple)

Is there a way that one of the smart guys of this forum can create a servers to store each firmware and Go app that's released for Android and iOS? I suppose the RC firmware would be the most difficult to figure out, since it's a straight download and execution of a file from DJI. There's no way to capture a file for that, right? Wouldn't be great if we could figure this out so we can "GO BACK" to where ever we want to GO? We could use the domain "www.djigoback.com" and likely make some money too.
I already done a link for android on here. Just did it last night with all the firmware for the android

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

With S7 edge the problem remains as before. Successive reboots. With TAB S2 (2016) it is almost impossible to connect. I tried all "magic" and versions.

With S7 edge the problem remains as before. Successive reboots. With TAB S2 (2016) it is almost impossible to connect. I tried all "magic" and versions.
People keep complaining it doesnt work with the S7 but I've never had any issues, S7 edge..Why is that?

I have both and use them alternatively, never had any problems.
Recently I updated the TAB S2 to android version 6, now when turning ON the RC it asks which app to start, BUT I can't choose for the option "Only Once". So I have to reset the permissions for each app I use with the drone in order to be able to use another app. (like Litchi and dronedeploy).

for Android, this can be done .. the APK files can be downloaded and then installed without issue with the right setting in Android. But, there are sites which already do this (apkpure.com), so not sure we would wanna re-create it? Checkout DJI GO APK Download - Free Video Players & Editors APP for Android | APKPure.com and see if it doesnt meet your needs? We could totally host it, just not sure we need to.

On iOS, you cannot download and store the IPA files and re-install them due to how Apple does their trust certificates. Instead, you have to force iTunes to re-download the proper (old) file. I found an easy way, which is linked in my youtube video above. (Seriously, not trying to get hits on my video, I struggled to find a way and was excited once i found it and created this how-to).

Thanks! Very generous for you to take the time to do that for us!! I've always wondered myself how to go backwards with iOS. Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Hi, I installed the update on my phone and the program starts but when I select the drone it crashes. So GO is not working anymore!!!
Before I had no problem.
I tried deinstalling, cleaning then reinstall but same result.
Now to downgrade.
What is DJI doing????

I have both and use them alternatively, never had any problems.
Recently I updated the TAB S2 to android version 6, now when turning ON the RC it asks which app to start, BUT I can't choose for the option "Only Once". So I have to reset the permissions for each app I use with the drone in order to be able to use another app. (like Litchi and dronedeploy).
You have both software or both devices? You have S2 the 2016 version or the 2015 version? The first one had android 6.0 by default!

Στάλθηκε από το SM-G935F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

You have both software or both devices? You have S2 the 2016 version or the 2015 version? The first one had android 6.0 by default!

Στάλθηκε από το SM-G935F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
Hi, I have both devices. The Tab S2 came with android 5, last week I upgraded to android 6.
When I use my S7 Edge (android 6) and turn ON the RC it asks me which app to start, and I also can choose for "Only Once".
When I use my Tab S2, I can not make that choice (Only Once).

I'm on the 2nd version of 3.1.0 on my Nexus 6p running Android 7.0 and the only problem so far seems to be the map following issue.

Will update to the 3rd version of 3.1.0 now and try it out.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl