ATTENTION! DJI GO 3.1.0 Buggy Firmware!

Attention! I was having issues with the maps with the november 18th firmware update! I advise not updating from 3.0.1 I updated trialed all errors necessary to rule everything out and even gave up on it. A buddy of mine bought a Mavic Pro updated his firmware to have the same issue. So i said its a dji go issue and so i deleted it from my phone and disabled google play auto updates completely and then went online and downloaded the Apk file for the older version prior too here is the link if you are having the same issues.

Link to DJI GO Software Version 3.0.1. -
P.S. Will work with Mavic Pro may or may not take away some functionalities to other things but for map toggling to your UAV it fixes the issue. I have the phantom 4 so i am unsure..

http://www.apkmirror.com/wp-content/themes/APKMirror/download.php?id=133750
Just a suggestion but I highly recommend the Litchi App. It's worth the $25.00. This app puts the Dji app to shame. I started out using the Dji app but would always have video signal problems Etc.... So I did some research and switched over to Litchi and never looked back.

Can someone adjust all the settings and parameters also using Litchi?

Στάλθηκε από το SM-G935F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Just a suggestion but I highly recommend the Litchi App. It's worth the $25.00. This app puts the Dji app to shame. I started out using the Dji app but would always have video signal problems Etc.... So I did some research and switched over to Litchi and never looked back.
I see the app at 15.99 .is this the correct version and now cheaper

Went out to run some tests, the results are the following:

iPhone 6SPLus iOS 9.3.2 (13F69)
DJI Go App - 3.1.0
Phantom 4 - 1.2.503
Controller - 1.8.0
IMG_0110.PNG

IMG_0108.PNG

iPhone 7PLus iOS 10.1.1 (14B100)
DJI Go App - 3.0.0
Phantom 4 - 1.2.503
Controller - 1.8.0

IMG_7821.PNG

Went out to run some tests, the results are the following:

iPhone 6SPLus iOS 9.3.2 (13F69)
DJI Go App - 3.1.0
Phantom 4 - 1.2.503
Controller - 1.8.0View attachment 69432

View attachment 69431

iPhone 7PLus iOS 10.1.1 (14B100)
DJI Go App - 3.0.0
Phantom 4 - 1.2.503
Controller - 1.8.0

View attachment 69433
Looks like you still have Google maps.
It's strange, after I upgraded to 2nd version of 3.1.0 I got Google maps back again for one flight, then the next one I was back with Here maps and the following function was back to non working...
Just upgraded to 3rd version of 3.1.0 and just checked and I'm still on Here maps...

Hello we're can I download previous versions ? Thanks iOS and android?

Here are two how-to vids i made on going back to an earlier version. For android, goto apkpure.com and for iOS, you have to download from within the itunes store.

Android:
iOS:

Reactions: Fishie
Digdat0 thanks for taking time to post and share that ^^ [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
happy to help! i did an auto update on DJI Go on iOS and it fubar'd my setup, i had to find a way back and wanted to share with others. If you run into issues, post here and I'll do my best to help.

Reactions: Fishie and socalvn
I'm new to all this and just want to start without software issues what version would you recommend to install don't have any loaded yet as my P4 arrives Monday , going to try a android a7 tab and a IPad Air 2 ?
Thanks for your support

Reactions: Digdat0
I had the weirdest issue on Thanksgiving.

It was my first flight after updating my P4, all my batteries, iOS app, and controller. I was flying for about 10 minutes and then was in a hover. Out of nowhere the gimbal went limp. I thought the P4 was falling to the ground but then realized it was just the gimbal flapping.

Flew it back and landed. Turned off the P4 and restarted it. Everything has worked flawlessly ever since.

Anyone else have an issue like this?

here ya go, made a video how to :)

I downloaded Charles v4.0.2, installed it, then copied an older version of dji go from the app version store.
I followed the instructions in your howto, but in charles, the program will not show text or xml text in the edit request box. Only a blank page. I cannot edit the string. I tried an older version of Charles and same thing.
Is there another place that I can paste the copied version number like in the raw tab or somewhere else?
How can I fix this problem in Charles?

Last edited:
Looks like you still have Google maps.
It's strange, after I upgraded to 2nd version of 3.1.0 I got Google maps back again for one flight, then the next one I was back with Here maps and the following function was back to non working...
Just upgraded to 3rd version of 3.1.0 and just checked and I'm still on Here maps...

Not that it matters but I have also google maps installed in my iPhone, but hardly use it. I don't know if this has anything to do with it.

I downloaded Charles v4.0.2, installed it, then copied an older version of dji go from the app version store.
I followed the instructions in your howto, but in charles, the program will not show text or xml text in the edit request box. Only a blank page. I cannot edit the string. I tried an older version of Charles and same thing.
Is there another place that I can paste the copied version number like in the raw tab or somewhere else?
How can I fix this problem in Charles?

Ive not run into this situation where the XML text was blank. After clicking the get/download button in itunes (with breakpoints enabled in Charles), did you see this type of screen?

lp1BHPM.png

Okay, I've also discovered an issue with the latest DJI GO app, but it's not consistent. I use android on 2 different tablets: an Nvidia Shield and a Samsung Tab A (7 in display). The Shield is my preferred display as it's a faster processor and smoother image when flying.

I can link all three devices successfully (RC, P3P and tablet) but as soon as I click on the 'camera' button to access the software the app goes blank and then I get a message to say 'DJI GO has stopped working' and can go no further.

Strangely, when I connect the Samsung tablet, it allows me to connect to the software without a problem, but then I can't seem to calibrate the compass with it. Keeps saying calibration has failed.

Have now uninstalled both, downloaded previous versions, reinstalled them, turned off automatic updates and now working perfectly again.

Are DJI trying to work too much across so many devices with one app?

Ive not run into this situation where the XML text was blank. After clicking the get/download button in itunes (with breakpoints enabled in Charles), did you see this type of screen?

lp1BHPM.png
Yes and then I clicked the edit request tab and at the bottom where the other tabs were but when I clicked the text tab (I had to click the text tab to open it) because the xml text tab would not show until I right clicked in the text box and click xml to see an xml text tab. The xml text tab would only show after I clicked another tab at the bottom but the xml text window was still blank.

Im running 3.1.0 on my Nexus 6p and it works great except for the new Here maps that doesn't follow the aircraft anymore...
i was trying to get a answer on why it wasn't following my aircraft icon , i never thought about it being the update. I hate that i have to keep making the map big and moving the screen to keep it on the small screen, hopefully they will fix this. I using a nexus 7 2nd gen and have no problems with it. glad i saw your post.

Is there a way that one of the smart guys of this forum can create a servers to store each firmware and Go app that's released for Android and iOS? I suppose the RC firmware would be the most difficult to figure out, since it's a straight download and execution of a file from DJI. There's no way to capture a file for that, right? Wouldn't be great if we could figure this out so we can "GO BACK" to where ever we want to GO? We could use the domain "www.djigoback.com" and likely make some money too.
As far as i know the iOS app cannot be installed other way than to iTunes download due apple account ID.

Here are two how-to vids i made on going back to an earlier version. For android, goto apkpure.com and for iOS, you have to download from within the itunes store.

Android:
iOS:

Hello I have been working on the iOS play store for hours now following your detailed prompts in Charles and every thing is there and changes to the version I want 819017958 but will not take always reverts back ? Wonder what I'm doing wrong ? Been a long time since I changed any iOS settings just now find my self on a iPhone again after the Note 7 recall

Thank you [emoji4]

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj