Attaching dog tag on Phantom 4

Just curious, what happens if you're caught without a dog tag?

Aslong as you're just a hobbyist flyer nothing, but if you fly commercially, and get caught without one..... then you'll be in big trouble. The government will probably take your drone away, and you'll lose your certificate to fly commercially

Reactions: DroneTurismo
Looks like stainless steel (edelmetaal) which is not magnetic if I'm correct so should be fine.
RVS brandplaatjes (Drone plaat) | Legerplaatjes Dog Tags

Question is also how you attach it. Don't use metal stuff.. Don't attach it loose thru it's hole as he will move in all directions.

Find example but Phantom has no flat surfaces like this..
34df5471a4087d9c97a45b28a84d8896.jpg

Bending the tag to adopt surface shape is maybe possible but 3D printed holder would be cool..

yeah it's indeed made of stainless steel.
The only flat surface is on the bottom of the Phantom 4 under the gimbal.... Maybe on the landing gear is a viable option too?

Instead of using just tape, may I suggest something like 3M Dual Lock ( think industrial velcro -- available in clear, too), in case you change your mind on location later and decide you want a "headlight" there at a later time.

sJrljHf.jpg

Do you guys think that this will be an viable option? Or will it block the gimbal like this?

I’m with Geoelectro: This should be legally protested! This ‘dog tag’ could be made out of any number of plastics which would cause no potential interference with the safe operation of the drone.

However, I do like that the Dutch government has implemented this identification system. Personally, I think both commercial and hobbyists should have to comply. Any pilot, commercial or hobbyist, can cause significant damage to people or property, and thus needs to be identifiable. The pilot has to take responsibility for their actions. Actually, amateur hobby pilots are the most likely to cause a mishap! Commercial pilots know what they’re doing -- most of the time anyway

Hi everyone,

Our Dutch government decided that 'drones' have to be marked with a dog-tag providing contact details. Somehow they made up that it has to be made out of metal, sigh.

Now the Phantom 4, as small as it is, has to be provided with this dog-tag. Does anyone know the best placement location so that the chance on interference/blockage of signal is the smallest?

I was thinking maybe on top? Under the DJI logo, or at the bottom? ( See the attachment for the pictures)

Hope someone has a tip!
Can you provide a link to this new dutch rule?
I can't find it anywhere. wetten.nl - Regeling - Regeling modelvliegen - BWBR0019147

I have written my FAA# and phone number on the P4 legs with a Sharpie. This might be a better solution.

Can you provide a link to this new dutch rule?
I can't find it anywhere. wetten.nl - Regeling - Regeling modelvliegen - BWBR0019147

It isn’t a new rule, when you want to do commercial flights with your drone you have to register your drone at the Civil Aviation Authority, which is part of ‘Bewijs van Inschrijving, i can’t find any specific site that names the rules but once you apply yourself for a Bewijs van Inschrijving they’ll send you the requirments

( Drones (RPAS) )

I have written my FAA# and phone number on the P4 legs with a Sharpie. This might be a better solution.

It seems the laws/rules are different there.

It isn’t a new rule, when you want to do commercial flights with your drone you have to register your drone at the Civil Aviation Authority, which is part of ‘Bewijs van Inschrijving, i can’t find any specific site that names the rules but once you apply yourself for a Bewijs van Inschrijving they’ll send you the requirments

( Drones (RPAS) )

Don't worry yourself over a small but of metal. Something non-magnetic would be even less worrisome.

Can it be non-metallic?

I'm kinda lazy today and don't have the patience for translating your link.

Don't worry yourself over a small but of metal. Something non-magnetic would be even less worrisome.

Can it be non-metallic?

I'm kinda lazy today and don't have the patience for translating your link.

No it has to be some kind of metal... Otherwise you could just use a sticker or smth, would be way easier.

No it has to be some kind of metal... Otherwise you could just use a sticker or smth, would be way easier.

OK then. Just be sure to re-compensate (calibrate) compass after you mount it. If you remove it, put back in same location or you'll need to re-comp again.

that's a good tip, thanks!!

Yea, anytime you add, remove, or relocate items (such as accessories) containing metals you need to do this.

If size permits, why not attach it to the camera? That is already metal.

The gimbal system is reliant on balance and low 'sprung' mass. Adding weight can cause issues. Of course there is a threshold but I'm not sure what that is.

I don’t know much about the way these things work but I’m assuming from a few comments that if it was aluminum it wouldn’t affect the AC negatively. Through google search I see you can get aluminum dog tags made so couldn’t they get one made with their info and use it?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94