Assistant 2 Issue

Reaction score
Hi Everyone....

I got a warning in the go4 app about the vision sensor needing to be calibrated with Assistant 2 and a computer. The bird is a few months old, and up to now the aircraft has functioned perfectly.

I have aircraft firmware 01.04.0602, Controller 01.04.01.00, and installed Assistant 2 version 1.1.6... The bird almost connected, but received a warning... see picture... Can anyone tell me what to do ? Sorry, but not very computer literate in the trouble shooting area.

driver.jpg
Thank you !!!

OK.. I got somewhere.... I turned off the Windows Firewall... I have Webroot Security so I'm not sure why they didn't turn off the Windows FW... I don't think one needs 2 firewalls... anyways... The bird connected and got to the menu where I was stopped.... I have to charge up the battery ! So I'll be back later, and advise how far I make it. I've heard lots of not so good stories about using Assistant 2 and calibrating the vision sensors. That said, I'm not expecting this to be an easy fix !!! Bye !!!

Battery charged up.. ready to rock n roll... Bird connected, but cannot calibrate... The Calibrate button is grayed out and next to the grayed out button it says to reboot aircraft. I'm stuck!!!

This is the very next page which pops up after I click on "Calibration" over on the left side of the page.

stuck.jpg

It is a windows 10 problem that you can fix by watching this video and doing EXACTLY what is shown. I had to do this and it works perfectly.

Reactions: lil boss
Thank you Racer... Question... After pressing 7 (Disable Digital Signature) then he turns on the drone and is installing Assist 2. Is the drone wired to the computer ?? Where did the install program for Assist 2 come from ??

OK...I have Assistant 2 running properly... issue is I keep getting "Move Aircraft Towards The Screen" and "Away From Screen". I have seen videos online and there are green outline of the corner of a box and also red lines... looks easy... BUT... I have the greens corner lines, however, my red lines are not the corners of a square. They are kind of triangular shaped. No matter what I do I can't get anything except the Move towards or away from the screen. See Picture... for some odd reason the picture stays sideways even though I turn it 90 degrees in photo editor... Sorry if you get a sore neck !!! Thanks for your help...
triangles.jpg

Try doing it like this:

OK.. finally got it...THANKS for everybody whose comments and thoughts helped me.... without your help I still would pulling what little bits of hair I have out!! After we changed the computer start up to disable the digital signature and got the bird to connect.. then we had the red light green light that would not calibrate.... So, I was, for some odd reason looking at my monitor and the thought popped into my head... and after I made the adjustment the bird calibrated beautifully. So here's the thought... my screen does not sit perfectly vertical... and so when I held the bird pointing at the screen it was not perpendicular to the screen. After I adjusted the monitor to a perfect vertical position those red looking angular thingies turned into perfect corners like the greens ones... Point is, I guess I could have left the screen tilted and held the bird tilted at the same angle. It seems to me that the important thing is that the monitor and the bird need to be perpendicular to each other. So again, thanks to all who helped me each small step until we got to the end with a successful calibration. I turned the bird on, and the "Your vision whatever needs to be calibrated" warning has now 'left the building".

I wish everyone a super evening !!! Cheers !!! Steve

Reactions: hoop826

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl