ARRIS CM2000 Brushless Gimbal for GoPro

Look what showed up in the mail today.

admin-ajax.php

I am feeling pretty excited. My lever for the remote to control pitch will be here tomorrow. It's 104 degrees outside but for some odd reason it feels a lot like Christmas.

Maxxborg said:
I am feeling pretty excited. My lever for the remote to control pitch will be here tomorrow. It's 104 degrees outside but for some odd reason it feels a lot like Christmas.
Nice :) My Xmas should take place later this week, and again next week and the week after that :D

Hey guys,

I've been debating getting one of these as the results look solid, but had a few questions that I haven't been able to answer.

1. Weight: This thing weighs near 300 grams with the H3B. Isn't the ZenMuse supposed to weigh 230 grams, including the H3B? Granted it will inevitably be more expensive, but that's near a 70 gram difference, which is meaningful.

2. For those of you who chose the Arris Cm2000, did you guys consider the FG-PH2 Gimbal at all? I've seen good results from it as well, and it runs about $50 cheaper ~$250.

I ordered my Arris CM2000 on May 22, and it just arrived today. Looks good. Hope to get it up and running in time for flying this weekend.

Wangta said:
Hey guys,

I've been debating getting one of these as the results look solid, but had a few questions that I haven't been able to answer.

1. Weight: This thing weighs near 300 grams with the H3B. Isn't the ZenMuse supposed to weigh 230 grams, including the H3B? Granted it will inevitably be more expensive, but that's near a 70 gram difference, which is meaningful.

2. For those of you who chose the Arris Cm2000, did you guys consider the FG-PH2 Gimbal at all? I've seen good results from it as well, and it runs about $50 cheaper ~$250.

Not sure where you're getting your numbers from.
The Arris weighs 195grams, (that's what mine weighted, tho the v3 model may or may not weigh differently. The GoPro's weigh about 75g. so you're looking at a total of 265
the bulk of that weight coming from the two motors, everything else is really lightweight carbon fiber and then there' a controller board.
I'm curious how DJI managed to shave off 30g in comparison, maybe lighter motors?
..or it's possible thy fudged the numbers and didn't include the extra controller modules that they stick up inside the Phantom shell? it'll be interesting to find out just what the weight is when people start buying those (and weighing them!)

I didn't consider the FG-PH2, didn't know much about it, only seen a few links of it. Looks very similar to the Arris.
But the CM2000 has the momentum, has genuine technical support and return policy (both of which I've unfortunately had to put to use, but they've been very helpful), and seems to have a strong web forum and such. The FG-PH2 seems a bit more risky, so I'd still probably stick with the Arris.
for similar reason why some people will still opt for the DJI gimbal - sometimes it's worth it to spend a bit more to get a more solid product. (tho DJI is definitely pushing the limit of what a consumer might spend, even if they release it for $700)

Finally created my own video showing what I've done with the Arris.
still have some kinks to work out tho

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxULH6Fy2AM[/youtube]

Ok, so I've gotten my arris hooked up and it seems to be working properly. Haven't had a chance to fly it yet, but that'll get fixed tomorrow. :D . The only thing that I'm not quite sure of, is that it seems like the zero position is pointed slightly up, and I'd like it normally slightly down. Does anyone know if this is adjustable in the software that comes with the arris? I haven't gotten the seventh channel lever yet... Where do we get one?

Thanks,

Curt

Gizmo3000 said:
Finally created my own video showing what I've done with the Arris.
still have some kinks to work out.

Cool video Gizmo. I didn't know you can get down to the dam like that. I'm gonna have to check it out, seeing as though I'm only in TO.

Curt

Curtster said:
Ok, so I've gotten my arris hooked up and it seems to be working properly. Haven't had a chance to fly it yet, but that'll get fixed tomorrow. :D . The only thing that I'm not quite sure of, is that it seems like the zero position is pointed slightly up, and I'd like it normally slightly down. Does anyone know if this is adjustable in the software that comes with the arris? I haven't gotten the seventh channel lever yet... Where do we get one?

Thanks,

Curt

Yes,. it should be adjustable in the software.. you can do an initial calibration which then sets it to the designated start position.
(but I haven't gotten that one figured out yet, long story, but I'm sending my gimbal back for hopefully a new (and improved) one.

the 7th channel levers I think can be purchased on shapeways.com (do a search)
there's a few options.
unsure when DJI will be releasing theirs.

glad you like the Dam video,. I always thought it was off limits as well, but realized it really is just open to the public, just a quarter mile hike off the road. scope it out on google maps so you can see what trails to take to it.

I ordered my ARRIS CM2000 yesterday from hobby-wing.com. Does anyone know how long it will take? Does anyone have one for sale? I need this by next weekend for an upcoming shoot.

runningthingz said:
I ordered my ARRIS CM2000 yesterday from hobby-wing.com. Does anyone know how long it will take? Does anyone have one for sale? I need this by next weekend for an upcoming shoot.

Considering your going to be put on a waiting list, then it needs to be shipped from China and possibly get stopped for a customs inspection, you'll be lucky to get it by the end of the month.

I've made my first flight with Arris CM2000 and I was blown away from the great steady video recorded.

It has been pretty much plug and play and I'm not planning to hook it up to the 7th channel at this time.

Curtster said:
First flight this morning. Took my flight time from over ten minutes to 6 1/2 minutes. Hmmmm.
Curt

Yep that's pretty much on target and there's nothing you can really do to change it. The gimbal itself actually doesn't pull much juice. It just the added 200g of weight. It's all a part of the sacrifice for great video. :)

By the way, thanks for the great setup videos. I'm sure I would've gotten lost in there somewhere!
Curt

Yep that's pretty much on target and there's nothing you can really do to change it. The gimbal itself actually doesn't pull much juice. It just the added 200g of weight. It's all a part of the sacrifice for great video. :)[/quote]

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4