ARRIS CM2000 Brushless Gimbal for GoPro

Mediaguru do you have or have access to a multimeter that can test continuity?
I recently had some issues with my Arris gimbal (see above your first post here) not connecting to the software and it was caused by a broken wire in the sensor cable.Everything looked fine but when I tested the wires with a multimeter sure enough there was a break.It was about two millimeters from the connection to the sensor.A spot that could not be more protected as I had the sensor mounted with the wire connections closest to the GoPro,under the motor and glued down,but there you go.
As outlined in my earlier post when the wire was repaired and calibration was done everything worked again.
I hope it is as simple a fix for you,good luck.

PTCX said:
Mediaguru do you have or have access to a multimeter that can test continuity?
I recently had some issues with my Arris gimbal (see above your first post here) not connecting to the software and it was caused by a broken wire in the sensor cable.Everything looked fine but when I tested the wires with a multimeter sure enough there was a break.It was about two millimeters from the connection to the sensor.A spot that could not be more protected as I had the sensor mounted with the wire connections closest to the GoPro,under the motor and glued down,but there you go.
As outlined in my earlier post when the wire was repaired and calibration was done everything worked again.
I hope it is as simple a fix for you,good luck.

I don't have one but I could certainly pick one up. Thanks for the tip.

I've contacted the Amazon seller with the description of the problem. Waiting for a response. In the mean time, I'm looking at other gimbals. Or should I get this same one from another dealer? It is quite large.

While it is one of the bulkier gimbal options, I've been very happy with mine for the few weeks I've had it. Once I got it setup (which was done quickly and with no issue), it's performed flawlessly since.

It also happens to mount perfectly on the landing gear I have on my F550, so even if I move to a lighter gimbal for the Phantom I'll be keeping the CM2000. It'll probably be my backup once I get a CM3000, but I've been very impressed so far.

I would suggest looking at the Tarot 2-axis gimbal if you decide to forgo the Arris, I kept going back and forth between those two before I settled on the latter.

Why can't I delete my own post?

If you go with the CM3000 on a Phantom you should consider this mounting plate from hobby wing that spaces the skids out wider to allow more space between the camera and the skids.
I'm thinking of buying it just to get the skid out of shot when I tilt the camera down.It provides a bit of extra height too which is nice.
http://www.hobby-wing.com/arris-extende ... antom.html

PTCX said:
If you go with the CM3000 on a Phantom you should consider this mounting plate from hobby wing that spaces the skids out wider to allow more space between the camera and the skids.
I'm thinking of buying it just to get the skid out of shot when I tilt the camera down.It provides a bit of extra height too which is nice.
http://www.hobby-wing.com/arris-extende ... antom.html

Yes I did bag that too. Not thrilled about the extra height because the phantom won't fit in my case, forcing taking the legs off to transport it... but hopefully it will be worth it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl