ARRIS CM2000 Brushless Gimbal for GoPro

Got my Phantom an hour ago, and returned from my very first test flight a moment ago. It was exhilarating! And then it began raining, so I ran inside. I'll install Hero3 next, although only on the DJI cage; my Arris should arrive next week.

Maxxborg said:
I got my pitch set up with a shape ways lever. The only problem I have is it is a all or nothing setting. Meaning it is either pointing straight forward or straight down. I can't turn it a little and get it to turn down a little. Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Did you changed settings on Naza Asssitant for smooth pitch control ?

Note to self: for your 2nd test flight, don't go out into very windy conditions - especially when you have a total flight time of 2 minutes under your belt. You'll end up messing up the controls, panicking and flying the copter at your butt. Owwwwch!

Oh, and I broke a carbon fiber propeller, too. Dammit.

jumanoc said:
Maxxborg said:
I got my pitch set up with a shape ways lever. The only problem I have is it is a all or nothing setting. Meaning it is either pointing straight forward or straight down. I can't turn it a little and get it to turn down a little. Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

What setting are that? is there a check box or something for smooth pitch control? I goes smooth just all the way no half way.
in my mind if you turned it a little it would angle a little. But is this not the case?

Guys, may I pick your brains for a bit? In anticipitation for the ARRIS, I'm thinking about ordering a new transmitter and receiver for the Phantom. Would the following items work on the Phantom and would they let me control both pitch and roll on the gimbal?

Turnigy 9XR (no module version)
OrangeRX DSMX/DSM2 2.4Ghz Transmitter Module (JR/Turnigy compatible)
OrangeRx R910 Spektrum DSM2 9Ch 2.4Ghz TwinPort Receiver

Thanks!

jumanoc said:
Maxxborg said:

Woah, the NAZA should have nothing to do with smoothing pitch control..
all controls should be done thru the Arris software.
under pitch, try checking the little white box to make it grey, then you can control the pitch proportionally and it will never drift. in that same section to the left you can control the speed. (read up about it in the manuals)

Gizmo3000 said:
jumanoc said:
Maxxborg said:

Woah, the NAZA should have nothing to do with smoothing pitch control..
all controls should be done thru the Arris software.
under pitch, try checking the little white box to make it grey, then you can control the pitch proportionally and it will never drift. in that same section to the left you can control the speed. (read up about it in the manuals)

That did it. Thanks. Works perfectly

What has the average ship time been with these units? I ordered mine 4 days ago and haven't heard a single word from Hobby wing.

chad556 said:
What has the average ship time been with these units? I ordered mine 4 days ago and haven't heard a single word from Hobby wing.

as it's popularity has grown, so had the wait time..
at this point, it's taking them about 10-14 to ship them out, then it'll take an additional 5-6 days to reach you.

Gizmo3000 said:
chad556 said:

at this point, it's taking them about 10-14 to ship them out, then it'll take an additional 5-6 days to reach you.
Yeah it took all but three weeks to get here.
She finally arrived today, but there are some issues.
How do I know if I have the V3?
Does anyone know why the driver wont install on my pc, from the disc?
I'm having trouble with the gimbal rolling clockwise slowly, and I want to hook up the gimbal to my pc to see if I can adjust anything to make it better.

MX45OR said:
Gizmo3000 said:
chad556 said:

Yeah it took all but three weeks to get here.
She finally arrived today, but there are some issues.
How do I know if I have the V3?
Does anyone know why the driver wont install on my pc, from the disc?
I'm having trouble with the gimbal rolling clockwise slowly, and I want to hook up the gimbal to my pc to see if I can adjust anything to make it better.

If it looks like this in back, (see how the rear motor has a circular looking mount?) then you've got the V3
not sure why you can't get the driver to work, but heard some people have had troubles doing it with Windows8
did you connect the Roll wires up? if so, that might explain the slow rolling that's occuring.

cm2000-v3-003.jpg

ARRIS CM2000 Brushless Gimbal for GoPro Day and. Night test

Hello,
Here is my first full test of Arris CM2000 Gimbal. Tested with gusts, windy day, fast descents (no wooble), climbs, yaws, at day and night. Real Plug and Play. I'm very impressed. Already using 7th channel with stock TX. Total weight: 1160 gr. Raw video (no stabilization):

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RotUiiRBKlc[/youtube]

I got it after about 5 straight hours of messing around with balance, drivers, software, PID settings. I really contemplated putting it up for sale on the forums and getting the Zenmuse. The raw footage is pretty sweet. Oh and it is the V3.

I'm thinking I'm gonna have to buy one of these, they look to be the goods, and with the cost and extras needed for the ZM, $300 doesn't seem so bad!

MX45OR said:
I got it after about 5 straight hours of messing around with balance, drivers, software, PID settings. I really contemplated putting it up for sale on the forums and getting the Zenmuse. The raw footage is pretty sweet.

yah,. it can definitely be a bit frustrating dealing with the settings if things aren't dialed in just right.
But once you get it working, it's really the best you can get for $300

My ARRIS is stuck at the customs. So close I can practically taste it :) Have to pay some VAT and import tax, but I should have it in my hands next Wednesday. Meanwhile I've already begun to look into much larger multicopters, ones that can lift several kilograms :D

mine is going on a sight seeing tour :lol:

Ontario, CA, United States 06/23/2013 12:01 A.M. Arrival Scan
Rockford, IL, United States 06/22/2013 10:20 P.M. Departure Scan
06/22/2013 6:56 A.M. Arrival Scan
Columbus, OH, United States 06/22/2013 6:47 A.M. Departure Scan
06/22/2013 6:08 A.M. Arrival Scan
Louisville, KY, United States 06/22/2013 5:26 A.M. Departure Scan
Ontario, CA, United States 06/20/2013 9:49 P.M. Arrival Scan
Anchorage, AK, United States 06/20/2013 3:54 P.M. Departure Scan
Incheon, Korea, Republic of 06/20/2013 10:02 P.M. Departure Scan
06/20/2013 1:12 A.M. Arrival Scan
Chengdu, China 06/19/2013 9:11 P.M. Departure Scan
Incheon, Korea, Republic of 06/19/2013 4:24 P.M. Late airplane.
Chengdu, China 06/19/2013 10:20 A.M. Adverse weather conditions.

I live in SoCal, so to see it cross the country make me wonder.

BruceTS said:
mine is going on a sight seeing tour :lol:

Ontario, CA, United States 06/23/2013 12:01 A.M. Arrival Scan
Rockford, IL, United States 06/22/2013 10:20 P.M. Departure Scan
06/22/2013 6:56 A.M. Arrival Scan
Columbus, OH, United States 06/22/2013 6:47 A.M. Departure Scan
06/22/2013 6:08 A.M. Arrival Scan
Louisville, KY, United States 06/22/2013 5:26 A.M. Departure Scan
Ontario, CA, United States 06/20/2013 9:49 P.M. Arrival Scan
Anchorage, AK, United States 06/20/2013 3:54 P.M. Departure Scan
Incheon, Korea, Republic of 06/20/2013 10:02 P.M. Departure Scan
06/20/2013 1:12 A.M. Arrival Scan
Chengdu, China 06/19/2013 9:11 P.M. Departure Scan
Incheon, Korea, Republic of 06/19/2013 4:24 P.M. Late airplane.
Chengdu, China 06/19/2013 10:20 A.M. Adverse weather conditions.

I live in SoCal, so to see it cross the country make me wonder.

Bruce, when did you order yours? Its been 10 days since I ordered mine and I still haven't anything from the company, not even a "thanks for ordering, we'll have it to you asap"

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94