Votes: 23 32.9%
  • Think about it now and then

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Have no fear

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • Now that you mention it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
No it can't be set any higher in assistant. But once flying you can go up to tree height for example and cycle the S2 switch from middle to lower position 5 times and that will set a new home elevation point. It will give you quick green flashes to confirm that although it may be hard to see. So whatever altitude I reset in the air, RTH altitude should be about 60 feet above that. You can also reset course lock direction in the air with S2 switch.

Ok thanks, I wasn't sure.
I am blending my p1 and p2 basic memories together.
happens after you get my age a bit...

To be perfectly honest when I first bought it sat on my dining room table for a week? I kept it on beginner mode for quite some time. I did fly around my house aggressively crashed a few times returned one. Got another one!crash that to stupidly. Return that one as well by that time I really got used to flying it knew my limitations had prop guards. Now I just fly it nice and easy I respect it love it been getting some beautiful shots and videos. And your question.am I afraid to fly?
I think I'm a pretty good pilot as far as maneuvering and playing it safe but I do get nervous i'm from Boston and I get worried just hurting someone or causing an accident that's just how I am personally I try not to fly over crowds of people. I do fly in Boston but it's mostly at night when there's not a lot of people around but I'll tell you Man I'm really tense When I first take off but once I'm up there and everything is good it's a beautiful thing i'm only scared of hurting someone if he crashes or I lose it in the ocean I'll just buy another one[emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Somewhat. I made my peace with that possibility the day I decided to buy my P3A. Before I bought it, I asked my self just how much money was I willing to completely lose if it flew away and I never saw it again.

With that said, I'm slowly learning to trust sending my Phantom further and further away. When I can't tell the orientation of the Phantom is when I get a bit panicky. I then use the mini map. Since I'm older we're only talking 300 meters so far...

With all these stories, who's not going to feel scared. Crap I'm anxious already. I think I'll rely on keeping it within certain parameters, within sight and nice and low until the confidence starts to build up then push it out further out into open fields/airspace.

If you fly enough you will experience some degree of failure in our hobby grade aircraft. With few redundant systems and low end components we see it fairly often. Fly it likes it's about to fall apart just in case :)

I would definitely say I'm NOT scared to fly, however I would say I am cautious and try to take every reasonable precaution to avoid a disaster. If it did crash, fly away, whatever, I'd be ok with it as long as I could honestly look in the mirror and say it wasn't because I screwed up. If it was my fault for being hasty or lackadaisical, then I'd kick myself a few times and move on.

I've built and flown hundreds of R/C airplanes over the last 40 years, so my perspective is different.There were some planes that I was apprehensive to fly for fear of crashing but I always did fly them. Flying the Phantoms though never gave me a moment's pause. What's to be afraid of? If you let go of the sticks and let them center, the drone stops immediately and hovers, waiting patiently for your heart rate to come down.

This is why im really thinking Standard for first bird. Really dont plan on flying it out of sight. Think Standard would be good 1st bird giving i can get one for $369 next Friday. Ill have to get a new tablet too.

Maybe a little scared but, turns to excitement as soon as I;m at my site. I'm lucky in that where I live/fly, in 5 minutes I;m in the wild. My first flights, like Timothy said above, I got her all ready & stared at my P3A for about 20 minutes, walking around her, going through the motions of start up & going back to the manual I'd printed & reading again & again!
Finally, 3 of my sons said- Dad, for G--ds sake take off!
My first flight/video is only about 6 minutes long, 4 faces looking up, all with the same expression of wonder on our faces.
And, I still get that feeling of awe, everytime I takeoff.

I'm not scared of flying, I'm not scared of crashing due to pilot error, i'm more worried that the Phantom will fail for some reason out of my control it will happen eventually even if I take care of it, but as long as I can take care of it properly it'll last the longest it possibly can, hopefully.

Maybe turning the fear around and becoming more focus on situational awareness would be a step in the right direction.
Exactly how I lost my phantom! Got so wrapped up in positioning the bird to get the shots I was after, that I allowed a tree branch to sneak up on me and grab the P3A. Gut wrenching when you hear it making like a buzz saw and then see it fall about 40 ft! I knew the tree as there, but since the leaves had fallen, that rogue branch wasn't as obvious as it would have been in the summer. Nothing to do but make sure you find all the pieces and head home. I'm my case, probably not cost effective to repair it! Reading these threads, willing to bet that loss of SA is the single biggest cause of crashes (just like with manned aircraft).

I'm not scared of flying, I'm not scared of crashing due to pilot error, i'm more worried that the Phantom will fail for some reason out of my control it will happen eventually even if I take care of it, but as long as I can take care of it properly it'll last the longest it possibly can, hopefully.
The Phantom 4 and Phantom 4 Pro have dual/redundant IMUs, dual-redundant compasses, and GPS and GLONASS. The possibility of system failure is lower than any other consumer drone available, including any of the other Phantoms.

The only things that scare me are a tall shakey ladder and premature ejaculation

Sent from my tinfoil hat

giphy.gif

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1