Are you guys registering your Phantoms?

I did not get a refund yet either.

It is certainly possible that the fine folks at the FAA and their contractor did not understand the process of refunding a Credit Card charge. I bet they are overwhelmed, so it may take a little while. I know when we issue a refund it is a manual process. I am glad it is only $5.00.

Pretty easy to do. Took all of 5 minutes.

Mark my words, in time the government will be coming for your drones just like they will soon be coming for your guns( and the drones don't have any 2nd amendment/constitution protection)

You will be forced to surrender your drone or be executed or arrested on the spot. Remember, Eric Garner was executed by the New York police department for failing to pay like .70 cents of cigarette tax.

Drones might be used to uncover their secrets and illegal activities against the American people and we can't have that. Just like we can't have encryption which keeps our data secure from the NSA. Edward Snowden(the NSA whistle blower) recommended trucrypt and a month later they were gone off the face of the earth with nothing more then a cryptic message on their website.

We need to fight this 1984 style registration and exercise our freedom and liberty. If I want my drone to catch Eric Holder selling weapons to the Mexican cartels(operation fast and furious) , then it should be my right to exercise that freedom and hold the corrupt tyrants responsible for their crimes.

In case you could not tell, I am against the drone registration program.
Welcome to the list!
We need more fear mongers here!

In other words, "Who plans to break the law?"

Registering as a drone pilot is legally required if you fly a drone over .55 lbs. Saying on here that you won't register is a great signal to the FAA to come find you.

In other words, "Who plans to break the law?"

Registering as a drone pilot is legally required if you fly a drone over .55 lbs. Saying on here that you won't register is a great signal to the FAA to come find you.
It is. All the FAA has to do is stumble across an incriminating post on here (I bet they hire teams of people to scour the internet for anonymous posts admitting FAA violations), figure out real identity from the user name... This is likely done by telling the admin of this forum to hand over their connection logs so they can learn the IP address. Then go to the ISP for that IP address and demand who is the owner of that address. Once they do that, they can see if that person really didn't register. However, you only need to register if you are flying the drone. You can buy all the drones you want and stack them in the basement without registering. So, the FAA then needs to send out a team of agents in a black van to monitor the suspect for when they fly a drone. I am sure they have huge numbers of such agents available. It is winter here and I don't plan to fly again until May... This should keep them busy for a while.

This sounds totally plausible to me.

Sent via Tapatalk on my Android phone. Good news; Tapatalk sucks less than it used to.

Reactions: Jaime Ray Vaughn
Hey, I'm sure this has come up somewhere, but which of the eleven* 15*-digit numbers on my P3P is the serial number? What should it start with?

*slight exaggerations

I just registered and it was pretty painless. The problems is the number is bigger than my drone! I'm going to have to put it on a banner and pull it behind me.

I registered but as an act of civil disobedience I was naked and playing a "Donny and Marie" CD when I did so.
This should help with your "Innocent by reason of insanity" plea if you ever get busted.:p

Hey, I'm sure this has come up somewhere, but which of the eleven* 15*-digit numbers on my P3P is the serial number? What should it start with?
What relevance does that question have to do with this thread?

Also, look on the outside of box for the serial number.

I registered but as an act of civil disobedience I was naked and playing a "Donny and Marie" CD when I did so.
I'm a little bit country, you're a little bit rock 'n roll!

As an act of retaliation........................ I moved. <hint hint TJ>

Reactions: GaDrone
The FAA headquarters are less than 5 miles away from me in OKC and fly within 4 nm of an AFB (legal RC field). So yes, but want to see what the AMA does or can.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor