Are you guys registering your Phantoms?

I definitely am. Actually, already did. Just have to fill out my credit card information when I get back from vacation. Why not? Plus, this will help people to actually take responsibility and accountability of their action, and what they do. I think this is a good thing.

Reactions: ET_PHNTM3
Yes, but technically NO ONE is registering their drones. We are registering ourselves as drone pilots. It is OUR number we affix to the drone(s) and is the same number regardless of how many drones you own. You can even register and NOT own a drone.
Why can't we register if we live in Canada and are a US citizen and when we come to the States we might want to fly??? This is a big boo,boo on them.

A lot of people are posting how they won't, and don't want the Gov having their names & CC info.
You think that the Gov doesn't have or can't get any of that info if it wants it?
All you'd be doing by refusing to register is open yourself up to potential huge fines and legal fees.
Resistance is Futile.....
Yeah and in u2b also ppl are posting how bad they won't, anyway the government have all the information about ppl that probably ppl don't know, so the registration is easy to do, can avoid big *** fines, OK ppl just look it like this, do u want still flying your toy???? Ah?? Go and do what u have to do or I don't want you crying later......simple like that..... And the reason thy want your name is because ppl who won't register thy drones is the same ppl who flies that thin over the airports and do the wrong thing...

Not right away. I'm waiting to see if the AMA challeng to the FAA to will change anything. I don't want to sign up for the registration now and have a cout challenge change the requirements later. I will wait for the last week of the dead line to regester maybe that will be long enough and I won't have to do anything.
The AMA challenge is aimed at changing the 400' height limit since gliders often go above that (under controlled circumstances). Feel free to hold off registering in solidarity but it won't actually affect anything for you as a Phantom pilot.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
AMA is trying to get the FAA to let members use their AMA numbers. I have already registered. If you fly within the requirements you should have nothing to worry about.

I am not real happy about my information being made public but went ahead and registered. On another note here is a good article to read about anyone wanting to shoot down or damage your drone while airborne, might just be better to be reigistered and have the the backing of the Federal Law with regards to aircraft. Safe flying to all.. Here's the article ; http://gizmodo.com/is-it-ok-to-shoot-down-your-neighbors-drone-1718055028

Yes, but technically NO ONE is registering their drones. We are registering ourselves as drone pilots. It is OUR number we affix to the drone(s) and is the same number regardless of how many drones you own. You can even register and NOT own a drone.
Good catch.... very few people have picked up on that distinction, and it's a fundamental departure for the requirements for registering aircraft that already exist in the regulations.

Being an AMA member, I'll wait until they tell me to register (or not). Being an AMA member means you belong to an organization that prides itself on safety of flying your RC airplane or quad.

Reactions: aka1ceman
I just registered a few nights ago. Stay away from airports, national parks and no fly zones generally (which I already do) and I should be ok.

Its ironic that the faa didn't give a **** about any of this before the proliferation of quad copters with integrated cameras like the phantom. My thunder toger raptors used to weigh at least 5 times as much and the main blades were strong enough and spun fast enough to take off a body part. I used to fly them for years at an Ama recognized club with over 100 members and the term Faa or their regulations (other than don't fly near life sized aircraft, duh!) never came up, not even once.

Reactions: aka1ceman
Like has already been said, the government already knows more about each of us than even our spouses do. I registered the first day, and I joined the A.M.A. the day I got my Phantom. I.M.H.O., anyone that has the money for a quad should have the bucks to join the A.M.A. And once again, I.M.H.O. , the A.M.A. is the only one that seems to be looking out for our rights. One look at the benefits provided by the A.M.A. should prove to you they are worth your support.
Don't forget, the F.A.A. is only making you pay once, every two years I think, and the first registration gets refunded back to you. That's for all the drones/quads you currently have in your hangar. By putting there registration number on your wind surfer, you have one more proof of ownership I.D. on your craft. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: Bill S
Being an an ama member won't prevent you from being fined by the faa if something happens and you are not registered with the faa.

I see the ama membership, insurance and faa registration requirement as all working together to better assure that "drone" operators are educated and motivated to fly safely.

Yes! I am FAA, DJI, AMA,HLS, TSA Pre, exUSN NFO and CA DMV. Now if I can just find which registration number to attach to what. HaHa! Piece of cake. (FAA took two seconds and asked for info that anyone could find on Google.) BTW, I tagged my P3p batteries as I understand from the forum that these things can't fly without a battery...at 100%! Happy New Year everyone.

Reactions: John Archer

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor