Are Phantom 3 Pros sold on eBay under warranty?

Reaction score
I've run across some brand new DJI Phantom 3 Pros for sale at a really good price on eBay. I'm really tempted to buy one. But in the back of my mind, I'm remembering something I read that DJI doesn't warranty if you don't purchase from an authorized dealer.

I can go to a pawn shop,buy a broken Craftsman it Snapon wrench and take it to a store or Snapon truck and they will replace it.

Why doesn't DJI stand behind their product? Or is there another side to this story I'm not aware of?

Thanks!

But in the back of my mind, I'm remembering something I read that DJI doesn't warranty if you don't purchase from an authorized dealer.
This is true since you live in the US. It's mentioned in DJI's warranty.

I can go to a pawn shop,buy a broken Craftsman it Snapon wrench and take it to a store or Snapon truck and they will replace it.

Why doesn't DJI stand behind their product? Or is there another side to this story I'm not aware of?

It's probably a chain of custody issue. A drone is far more nuanced than a wrench.

I've run across some brand new DJI Phantom 3 Pros for sale at a really good price on eBay. I'm really tempted to buy one. But in the back of my mind, I'm remembering something I read that DJI doesn't warranty if you don't purchase from an authorized dealer.

Thanks!
Snapon has unique warranty (and a price to reflect it). Great hand tools though.

Any tips on figuring out how to identify authorized dealers?
You can find a list of authorized DJI dealers here. Buying on eBay can be tricky sometimes since some of the authorized DJI dealers have eBay usernames that do not resemble their business names.

I've got to save up another 100 then I'll be ready to buy. I think for prudence sake I'll buy from an authorized dealer. Thanks for all the input.

I bought my P3S from Amazon sold by Digital Universe. I emailed Dji and asked if my drone was covered under their warranty. Dji said it was covered. I will be keeping a copy of that email.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl