Are full res video/pics stored on phone/tablet?

Reaction score
I am looking to buy a tablet for my P3, but am also waiting for the iOS app. Does anyone with the android app or inspire know if the hi res videos can be transferred to the tablet or is it only 720p res? This may influence the capacity of my tablet purchase.

I'm in exactly they same position. I'm going to be ordering an iPad mini 2. Since my older iPad won't work.

Now I'm trying to figure out if I go with the 16gb or 32gb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am looking to buy a tablet for my P3, but am also waiting for the iOS app. Does anyone with the android app or inspire know if the hi res videos can be transferred to the tablet or is it only 720p res? This may influence the capacity of my tablet purchase.
The Pilot app caches a dumbed down version of the pictures and videos you take, but they're for previewing and are not the same quality of what is stored on the card in the bird. You can, of course, get an SD card adapter for the iPad and transfer from the card to your tablet. Or in the case of the nVidia Shield, just plug the card into the tablet's SD card port.

The P3 stores all video and photos on the Phantom's gimbals SD card. However, you can also cache video to the phone/tablet automatically. You can then click these cash'ed videos and they will be moved from a cached folder to a permanent folder. You don't need to be connected to the P3 to do this. These are full size videos. You can also manually download the photos from the P3 but you need to be connected to the P3 at the time to do this.

What I don't like is that there is no option on where these files are stored on the device when downloaded. They are stored on the device's memory only, not the device's SD card (if it has one).

You can then click these cash'ed videos and they will be moved from a cached folder to a permanent folder. You don't need to be connected to the P3 to do this. These are full size videos. You can also manually download the photos from the P3 but you need to be connected to the P3 at the time to do this.
Cool. Didn't know this bit. Thanks for the tip!

You can then click these cash'ed videos and they will be moved from a cached folder to a permanent folder. You don't need to be connected to the P3 to do this.
Ok, is it as simple as clicking the thumbnails in the Flight Record section? That's not working for me. Let me know. Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4