Are color profiles defined in the aircraft, or in the app?

Reaction score
In researching the unavailability of Vivid for my casual work with my Phantom 4 Pro, I've noticed some forum notes (here and at the DJI forum) indicating that Vivid appears seems to still appear for some models, but not others. For the record, I use both DJI Go 4 and Litchi, and both are missing Vivid.

I can't imagine the data and code for the color profiles is in the aircraft firmware. I have been assuming that the data/code for the creation of each profile is in the GJI Go 4 app. Am I wrong?

Note, I'm not referring to the listing and selection of the color profiles in the app, I'm referring to the data and/or code that's used to accomplish those settings in the app.

I can’t see how the code that applies the processing could be in the app. It must be in the AC as the settings are applied to the file that is encoded onto the SD card. For the processing to be applied in the app the whole data stream would need to be sent to the controller and returned.

I can’t see how the code that applies the processing could be in the app. It must be in the AC as the settings are applied to the file that is encoded onto the SD card. For the processing to be applied in the app the whole data stream would need to be sent to the controller and returned.

Good point, why didn't I think of that? (And I did think quite a while before posting). Thanks

Another observation- the fact that he Vivid profile isn’t available on the P4P&A might simply be that the camera supplier doesn’t support vivid in the SOC and/or firmware.

If you really like the look apply a LUT in post. To me it makes more sense to have the original footage absent of any style presents, gives you far greater creative options in grading.

Another observation- the fact that he Vivid profile isn’t available on the P4P&A might simply be that the camera supplier doesn’t support vivid in the SOC and/or firmware.

If you really like the look apply a LUT in post. To me it makes more sense to have the original footage absent of any style presents, gives you far greater creative options in grading.

I totally agree in general, but for the occasional casual items I share with colleagues and friends, doing post is low in my priorities.

I'm with you One-eyed. I'm just trying to learn the Litchi flying modes for now and leaving any post work education when needed. I'm asking the same question.

I have a P3s and I'm unable to select certain color filters to my settings. When I pick TrueColor I can only get cool. I select warm? Same, only cool is selecting. A few more options are the same. They will default to what it wants in the column and not what you're really wanting to use. I'm on an LG vk815 and the bird is hot. I'm finding the same with my Samsung 'little screen'.

Waddup?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl