April 7th Update Bricked Unit

Paul Tortora, can you post the log from your memory card? It should be in "MISC\LOG\P4_FW_LOG_AB.txt".

What a clusterfuck this is. DJI GO app won't work on Mac. RC won't connect on Android update.

mactech, did you try refreshing the firmware in the DJI Assistant app?

Any advice on how to get DJI Assistant on a Mac to work? Tried on two Macs, MacBook Pro and new iMac. Neither will do anything except show opening screen when launched. Driver was installed.

Paul Tortora, can you post the log from your memory card? It should be in "MISC\LOG\P4_FW_LOG_AB.txt".

Unfortunately, there is no txt file on the sd card. I did the update lugging in the P4 directly to the iPhone as instructed via the app. Did get an "update successful" message on the app.

I got it to run on my MacBook Pro. I had to go into "System Preferences" --> "Security & Privacy" to allow DJI Assistant to run. After doing that, I was able to start it up and login.

I did the update lugging in the P4 directly to the iPhone as instructed via the app.
How did refreshing the firmware in the DJI Assistant work out for you?

I got it to run on my MacBook Pro. I had to go into "System Preferences" --> "Security & Privacy" to allow DJI Assistant to run. After doing that, I was able to start it up and login.
Have you updated your own P4 yet...and if so, which method did you use? I haven't tried mine yet, as I'm waiting to see where this thread goes!

The mystery deepens!...I thought I'd update the controller to 1.6.0 and see if it offered an upate for the P4 when I connected. RC update went fine with no problems. Re-booted the RC and the Go app and turned on the P4. Initially it showed status as warming up, and showed a red triangle indicating update required......almost immediately it showed RC signal lost on the top bar, and the warming up (yellow lights flashing) kept on going for ever. Turned everything off and restarted....this time it showed status as normal (i.e.. no update warning triangle), but immediately showed RC signal lost and the warming up lights flashed for ever again. Tried many times with the same result.
Re linked the RC in case the update had somehow unlinked it, but the results were exactly the same.

I then tried to update the P4 via DJI Assistant through my computer...started off fine with the P4 showing up, and the new firmware available.
Clicked the button and the firmware downloaded...then the screen said 'update failed..re-try'. Tried a few times with no joy.

It seems that upgrading the RC to 1.6.0 has somehow killed the connection to the P4, although the lightbridge side of it seems fine...camera view is working ok.

I'm sitting here with a large white plastic brick....Anyone got any ideas/solutions?

Quick update...the problem would appear to be the RC update to 1.6.0. I've just tried with my P3P which also has the updated RC, and I'm getting the same RC Signal lost message!

Update on the update....just updated the P3P to 1.08.0080 and the RC now communicates ok.

All I have to do now is find some way of updating the P4.....DJI have just informed me that Assistant doesn't work with Mac OS 10.10.5 and I have to find someone with a PC! And the RC won't communicate with the P4 until it's updated.... I wonder why they offer a Mac version of the Assistant if it doesn't work! Chicken and egg at the moment.....

Guys if you update the controller but can't update the craft via Assistant 2 for some reason you can downgrade the RC back to V1.580 as follows

Connect the controller to the Tablet and turn on

On the DJI Go home screen press and hold the Academy (little hat) icon in the top RH corner, you will need to hold this for at least 10 seconds and when you release you should get the below screen

b17fd31e0f1404586ce2dcd806efa777.jpg

This will allow you to select the last FW version and downgrade the controller allowing you to reconnect.

Then
Rough Edit

FW Update

IOS Process

Turn on Craft and controller and you will be notified of an update is available.

IMG_0125_zpsfk9djkaa.png

Click on the Firmware Requires Upgrade and it will show you the RC Requires Updating at the top, do nothing at this point

IMG_0126_zpsqljdsn9l.png

Wait a few more seconds and it will pop up with the craft requires an update as well

IMG_0127_zpshfnctmd1.png

Click the craft update and it will tell you to return to the main screen, you will see the following

IMG_0128_zpsbiway1oc.png

Click update now and download the update

IMG_0129_zpsads4dlt5.png

I found mine keeps pausing on the download, you may need to turn off your craft and controller at this point as Lightbrige may be interfering with your wifi connection preventing the download.

Once downloaded you will need to connect the Tablet to the craft via the USB cable DJI provided, turn on both the craft and controller, after a short time it will allow you to begin the update

Note this update was silent for me with a craft reboot at 96%, the gimbal may twitch as the update proceeds, all normal.

IMG_0130_zpseviqikwm.png

Once complete turn everything off and then turn on just the controller

Now you will get the RC requires update message on its own this time, Click Download Firmware then update.

IMG_0126_zpsqljdsn9l.png

IMG_0132_zpstnpe7rew.png

Once downloaded and updated you should see RC Upgrade Complete, interesting this part of the rc update again was completely silent.

IMG_0133_zpspm4hrj8l.png

Reboot everything and i got the 'Cannot Take Off' error, it again asked me to update the controller, this time the controller updated again but with the normal update tones we are used to, blue flashing LED as well.

IMG_0134_zpseknx1hmy.png

Once complete

IMG_0135_zps1lwh9ij8.png

Rebooted and everything was up to date and working.

Update: I contacted DJI tech support and they suggested I delete the DJI Go app on my iPhone, reinstall it and then power everything up. I followed their suggestion and It did indeed correct the communication error between the RC and the P4. Specifically, it updated the RC from 1.5.8 to 1.6.0. I then recalibrate the IMU, compass and gyro. Much better but still a couple of issues. Now when I power up, I get a red triangle telling me to wait until the IMU warms up but it takes much longer for it to cycle through compared to the start up time prior to the update. Second issue is that the auto lift off button on the Go App never comes on as an option, even when you get a green ready to fly message. If I manually lift the P4 the auto land button becomes visible and if selected, works but again, the auto lift off never comes on as an option. Any thoughts?

Update: I contacted DJI tech support and they suggested I delete the DJI Go app on my iPhone, reinstall it and then power everything up. I followed their suggestion and It did indeed correct the communication error between the RC and the P4. Specifically, it updated the RC from 1.5.8 to 1.6.0. I then recalibrate the IMU, compass and gyro. Much better but still a couple of issues. Now when I power up, I get a red triangle telling me to wait until the IMU warms up but it takes much longer for it to cycle through compared to the start up time prior to the update. Second issue is that the auto lift off button on the Go App never comes on as an option, even when you get a green ready to fly message. If I manually lift the P4 the auto land button becomes visible and if selected, works but again, the auto lift off never comes on as an option. Any thoughts?

Perform a cold IMU calibration to deal with the warmup times

Worked beautifully...downgraded RC and did as above...P4 and RC updated. The only problem I'm now facing is that I can't do an IMU calibration! It's been sitting for about 20 mins with the screen saying 'calibrating', but nothing's happening. Heigh Ho......

I upgraded the P4 aircraft FIRST
Then upgraded the RC
Seems to be working fine; will give it a flight later today

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic