April 7th Update Bricked Unit

Mine is now bricked! After the update, which showed as successful and gave the correct version in the 'about' section of the app, I was unable to do IMU calibration. Turned every thing off and re-started, and in the Go app it now showed 'Unknown Firmware'. Motors started ok, and Safe to Fly was showing on the app, but lots of functions weren't working.

Borrowed a friend's laptop last night and tried to update again using Assistant...started off ok, but stopped at 90% ...3 attempts with same result.

Strangely, there is no AB.txt file on the card even though the original upgrade showed as successful.

Now the P4 won't connect to the computer via the mini USB. Any geniuses out there with any suggestions?

When I started up my P4 today, it's warning me there is an RC update, so I download it and let the DJI Go app update the RC, I then reboot it and wait for it to warm up and then it starts telling me with a red warning no RC signal, apparently DJI put out a P4 update and an RC update, but apparently it was critical that we first update the P4 before the RC,Cand if you updated the RC first like I did, your screwed.

I've tried everything to update the P4 and nothing works, tried updating from the DJI Assistant and it downloads the update from the Internet and then when it tries to start updating the P4, it says update failed.

And it's just great that DJI has no weekend support, the cheap bastards.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

When I started up my P4 today, it's warning me there is an RC update, so I download it and let the DJI Go app update the RC, I then reboot it and wait for it to warm up and then it starts telling me with a red warning no RC signal, apparently DJI put out a P4 update and an RC update, but apparently it was critical that we first update the P4 before the RC,Cand if you updated the RC first like I did, your screwed.

I've tried everything to update the P4 and nothing works, tried updating from the DJI Assistant and it downloads the update from the Internet and then when it tries to start updating the P4, it says update failed.

And it's just great that DJI has no weekend support, the cheap bastards.

From the DJI GO app you can downgrade the RC software, then update the aircraft, then update the RC.

Hi guys, bad news that P4 very ch€€p toy (not ) can brick so easy. Any recomendation, to newbey waiting for firdt P4?

Well thank goodness we have people like mad_angler here who figured out how to resolve it, thing whole mess could have been avoided if DJI just put out instructions on how to perform the updates in order.

Reactions: XJoeyX
Firmware Upgrade Failed

This post may help anybody else with this problem that is not letting them downgrade their rc so they can upgrade in proper order, that was never warned by dji. Love this quad but **** DJI's support.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie