Apple phone works, android dosnt

Reaction score
First post was about no connection. I tried a Samsung S6 and S7 with no luck. Plug in an iphone and it goes right to camera.
When I plug in my Android it shows it's charging like the connection is set up for that and not the data. Any ideas on this issue?

Tried a few different cords with the android. They all just charged the phone but no connection.

When I plug in my Android it shows it's charging like the connection is set up for that and not the data. Any ideas on this issue?

Tried a few different cords with the android. They all just charged the phone but no connection.
It's about how the Android phone is configured to respond when a USB cord is connected.
Like this:
i-gPRWNxs-M.png

It can be different with different Android versions.
Try swiping down from the top of screen to see if that gives you options to allow a data connection.
Or search Google to find how to make an MTP connection with your device.

Also my android only connects to the drone if I open and launch app in this order... Any other order and it won't work

1) turn drone on
2) turn controller on
3) launch app
4) put USB in controller
5) put USB in phone

If I swapped number 4 and 5 it just won't connect

Also my android only connects to the drone if I open and launch app in this order... Any other order and it won't work
Just for interest ... try this
1. Connect tablet to controller
2. Switch on controller (and select DJI Go if it gives you the option)
3. Switch on the Phantom

enable usb debugging in developer options, plenty of guides how to do this on youtube

Reactions: Dale79
Ok so here's a list of what I have tried.
Deleted app and reinstalled, started new account for p3p. Tried updating rc with memory card and connecting to drone. I can't update through app since it won't let me past the "how to connect" page. I tried resetting rc via-c1, c2, record and button on top right. I've changed android settings to mtp, and tried all other connection settings with the same result.

With the apple phone the camera option pops up. It said it needed updated and let me download but when I went to update it said controller does not support it.

I've used a usb stick to update but when the remote is turned on the light dosnt turn blue. It either stays red or flashes red/green really fast. I've tried a few different usb sticks and phone cords to connect.

When I take the usb stick out and check the txt file it says aborted firmware on sd card is identical to or older then firmware on remote. Firmware on sd card is 1.11.0020 downloaded from dji site. When I check rc version it says 1.2.6.

I'm completely stumped here.
2345265d4fe603f401a8c6e1ef34cee1.jpg

More pics
7b4f11bd4e7b546cb6d8e9213243d0fa.jpg

128fc166ea614eccf1d4707a9f4d48d0.jpg

88febdb29208194bfc3bfebfa8b25870.jpg

It says to go to the inspire page. I have a phantom and I am on the phantom set of drones in the app.

Also the smart switch message for the apple phone pops up when I'm using my android phone.

Ok so here's a list of what I have tried.
Deleted app and reinstalled, started new account for p3p. Tried updating rc with memory card and connecting to drone. I can't update through app since it won't let me past the "how to connect" page. I tried resetting rc via-c1, c2, record and button on top right. I've changed android settings to mtp, and tried all other connection settings with the same result.

With the apple phone the camera option pops up. It said it needed updated and let me download but when I went to update it said controller does not support it.

I've used a usb stick to update but when the remote is turned on the light dosnt turn blue. It either stays red or flashes red/green really fast. I've tried a few different usb sticks and phone cords to connect.

When I take the usb stick out and check the txt file it says aborted firmware on sd card is identical to or older then firmware on remote. Firmware on sd card is 1.11.0020 downloaded from dji site. When I check rc version it says 1.2.6.

I'm completely stumped here.
2345265d4fe603f401a8c6e1ef34cee1.jpg
If you have an FW version older than 1.32, you need to first update to 1.32 before you can go higher. It explains this in the FW update instructions and other places here on the forum.

DJI has historically maintained an archive of FW versions on their site even though they don't always show links to them. For archived FW versions directly from DJI, follow the links in this post. They are sorted by Advanced and Pro.

Install 1.32 on your RC, and then afterwards try the current process of using the app to update the RC firmware. As you probably know, the FW version numbers of the AC and the RC do not need to match with current levels of the FW.

Question - which model RC do you have? It's on the sticker in back. Probably either GL300A or GL300B based on the old FW version (1.26) you have now. If I recall correctly, I think that the 300A models could also be updated to 1.4 with a USB stick after 1.32 was installed. Then after 1.4, the 300A was updated with the app only. The 300B model RCs were for sure app only after 1.32 was installed. Keep this in mind.

Important: Since you chose to update FW, I hope that you are aware of the significant flight distance restrictions with the latest FW (1.11.20) that need to be removed. Click here to read about it, get some of the background, and how to remove the restrictions. Keep this is mind once you get your RC correctly updated.

Also if you are interested, click here for some tips that I often share with new P3A/P3P owners. It's getting a bit long, but it has very valuable information.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: Neon Euc and Meta4
If you have an FW version older than 1.32, you need to first update to 1.32 before you can go higher. It explains this in the FW update instructions and other places here on the forum.

DJI has historically maintained an archive of FW versions on their site even though they don't always show links to them. For archived FW versions directly from DJI, follow the links in this post. They are sorted by Advanced and Pro.

Install 1.32 on your RC, and then afterwards try the current process of using the app to update the RC firmware. As you probably know, the FW version numbers of the AC and the RC do not need to match with current levels of the FW.

Question - which model RC do you have? It's on the sticker in back. Probably either GL300A or GL300B based on the old FW version (1.26) you have now. If I recall correctly, I think that the 300A models could also be updated to 1.4 with a USB stick after 1.32 was installed. Then after 1.4, the 300A was updated with the app only. The 300B model RCs were for sure app only after 1.32 was installed. Keep this in mind.

Important: Since you chose to update FW, I hope that you are aware of the significant flight distance restrictions with the latest FW (1.11.20) that need to be removed. Click here to read about it, get some of the background, and how to remove the restrictions. Keep this is mind once you get your RC correctly updated.

Also if you are interested, click here for some tips that I often share with new P3A/P3P owners. It's getting a bit long, but it has very valuable information.

Good luck!
I'll give that a try now. Thank you very much.

The rc is Gl300a.

Woohoo, that's parts fixed. Thank you. I got the phone connected once and got the props spinning once. Now dji app crashes when I hit camera and litchi won't connect. Remote is still connected. Green lights are on and the gimbal moves. Gonna go back and read through the manual step by step and try reinstalling dji go again.

Reactions: Neon Euc and Oso
Just thought I would finish this post off. Oso was spot on. Updating the way he said worked great. Rc took the update right away. The app crashes when I hit camera and won't stay on mtp instead of charging but it's a phone issue. Hooked up my old S6 and it started up right away.

So to everyone who helped, thank you thank you thank you! appreciate everyone's help on this post.

Reactions: Neon Euc and Oso

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31