apparently...

Reaction score
you can't fly near hospitals? almost had the cops called on me.
i wasn't flying looking into Windows i was getting a picture of the construction that as going on of a new add on building but never the less it's against the law unless the hospital hires you to film.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Filming hospital is against the law or drone flying near hospital comes in NFZ?

you can't fly near hospitals? almost had the cops called on me.
i wasn't flying looking into Windows i was getting a picture of the construction that as going on of a new add on building but never the less it's against the law unless the hospital hires you to film.

Never heard of this. I believe all hospitals have heli pads but other than that I don't think there are any federal laws against it. Ask the complainant what law is so you can understand it better.

apparently it violates the h.i.p.a.a. law

There is a hospital near me that has a heliport, as a lot of them do. That would be a NFZ.
that would be true except is that part of the FAA regulations? i.e. according to the FAA are hospitals NFZ's?

Never heard of this. I believe all hospitals have heli pads but other than that I don't think there are any federal laws against it. Ask the complainant what law is so you can understand it better.
it violates the h.i.p.a.a. law apparently?

Sound's like common sense to me.
Any invasion of privacy is bound to be an issue.
Hospitals, School's, Business's, Playgrounds, etc....
Fly smart and stay out of trouble.
i agree, but does this one picture look harmful to you?
37e642a3d9dcfc941c9b86855463ad4c.jpg

you can see the construction i was talking about

You could sell all that info on that photo to the super secret spies, yer in trouble now mr

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

David Beesmer was acquitted of attempted unlawful surveillance.

Reactions: Romans109
Filming hospital is against the law or drone flying near hospital comes in NFZ?
It would be the NFZ of the Heli pad they use for Flight4Life that got him in trouble. Not shooting video or photos of a hospital.

Thanks Zep.
Aquitted, OK, but his wallet was 'relieved'.

It would be the NFZ of the Heli pad they use for Flight4Life that got him in trouble. Not shooting video or photos of a hospital.
No. Not so. It was a privacy issue. Did you review the incident?

FAA requires notification, not permission, to fly near an airport or helipad, including hospital helipads. Was the hospital notified before your observation flight? If it was, and you had a name to put with the notification, you are covered. You would have done all that the FAA requires of drone pilots in this instance.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel