Reaction score
Hi all,

I've found another thread about this issue but it was unresolved and from 2014. I have tried using the Phantom 4 to record video and so far it's only a 70% chance that the video will actually be saved. I've used the record button on the DJI Go app and I have used the RC record button. In both situations, I wait till the timer on the record button starts, and then I start flying away. Problem is, half the time the video doesn't get saved and I don't realize this until I look at the SD card at home. Do I need to wait a few minutes before I turn the drone off so that it can save these 5 minute, 4K clips? Other longer clips have been fine. I'm using a 64GB Sandisk Extreme Pro 95 MB/s UHS-1 card, though I've had the same issue happen on the included Lexar. So far I haven't discovered a pattern as to what triggers this false recording.

When you've finished recording, you should stop the video either on the RC or the app before you turn the P4 off. If you turn the P4 off first, the video won't finalise. Normally, putting the sd card back in the P4 and turning it on will finalise your video, and you should then be able to view it on your computer as normal.

When you've finished recording, you should stop the video either on the RC or the app before you turn the P4 off. If you turn the P4 off first, the video won't finalise. Normally, putting the sd card back in the P4 and turning it on will finalise your video, and you should then be able to view it on your computer as normal.

Thanks Rocky! The SD card reinsert didn't bring the clips back. After looking at the overall time and size of the clips that did record, I noticed they were always under 2GB. As it neared 2GB, that's when problems started to occur. When I dived more into the DJI iOS app I noticed the auto clear of video cache was also set to 2GB. After manually clearing this cache once, I have not had the issue appear again. My guess is that there was an issue with the first time setup and syncing of the app with the drone that caused both to treat recorded clips as part of that temporary cache when the 2GB mark was suddenly hit, removing both when it was automatically resetting.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan