App Crashing on IOS, help please??

Reaction score
Drone - P4P

Aircraft Version - 01.04.0602
Remote Version - 01.04.01.00

IPad Mini Model - MGNR2LL/A
IPad Version 11.0.1 (15A402)

DGI 4.0

This all seem to start after the IOS was updated. DGI was also updated at the same time. I got some kind of request saying need to update FLY zones or something like that and was supposed to connect IPAD directly to Drone. Did that nothing seemed to happen but I believe at one time it did say update complete. Now after about a minute the DGI app crashes and closes.

I need this drone operational, I am hoping someone can please help me.

TIA
Scott

I would remove/reinstall the app. Sync your flights first if you want to keep access to that data.

Reactions: mikeboruta
I would remove/reinstall the app. Sync your flights first if you want to keep access to that data.

I think that did it, it ran for at least 10 minutes. Thanks will test in a day for actual flight time. Also thanks for reminding me to sync flights, I would of probably forgot. :)

Reactions: Traveler
Mine has been useless since the latest iOS and DJI updates. Can't get through a single flight without crashing. Tonight I couldn't even get through a quick gimbal calibration. Ended up missing the sunset b/c I couldn't take off for 10 mins trying to get it back up and running. For once, Litchi is actually far more stable!

Reactions: dazzer
Mine has been useless since the latest iOS and DJI updates. Can't get through a single flight without crashing. Tonight I couldn't even get through a quick gimbal calibration. Ended up missing the sunset b/c I couldn't take off for 10 mins trying to get it back up and running. For once, Litchi is actually far more stable!

What is your device? How much free storage do you have? What is your exact iOS version and DGI4 app version? How does a crash looks like? Are you connected to a WiFi or 3G network?

I’m just assuming we’re all getting a taste of what our android brethren have dealt with for years.

I’m on an iPad 2017 32gb running iOS 11.0.0. Updated to 11.0.2 last night but haven’t tested yet. Dji Go 4.1.12 as of yesterday which was the worst yet.

Since 4.1.10 and iOS 11.0.0 I was starting to get crashes where after a flight or two it would start to slow down more and more and eventually crash as an app close. Seems to impact file saving, too. Yesterday was the worst yet with multiple crashes to and theee attempts to calibrate gimbal all app closed. I restarted aC every time.

Anyways, I’m just assuming it’s a Go issue based on past precedent and waiting for updates. /¯\_(ツ)_/ Just using litchi, Autopilot, FPV

I’m just assuming we’re all getting a taste of what our android brethren have dealt with for years.

I’m on an iPad 2017 32gb running iOS 11.0.0. Updated to 11.0.2 last night but haven’t tested yet. Dji Go 4.1.12 as of yesterday which was the worst yet.

Since 4.1.10 and iOS 11.0.0 I was starting to get crashes where after a flight or two it would start to slow down more and more and eventually crash as an app close. Seems to impact file saving, too. Yesterday was the worst yet with multiple crashes to and theee attempts to calibrate gimbal all app closed. I restarted aC every time.

Anyways, I’m just assuming it’s a Go issue based on past precedent and waiting for updates. /¯\_(ツ)_/ Just using litchi, Autopilot, FPV

I would try 2 things: make sure you have 4gb+ of free storage space and turn of video caching.

Reactions: DaRana
Man, getting annoying. I totally deleted the app, reinstalled, and everything was peachy again. About 15ish flights later, it's starting to crash and crash more and more, to the point where it's unusable again. Guess i'll uninstall again and reset all of the stupid little settings

OK, maybe just perform an clean install of iOS (instead of OTA Update) - that helps alot, especially with older HW.
That’s the way I would go.
1st - make sure You have an more/less actual Backup of Your info (I usually have one in my iCloud and create another one (encrypted) locally, on my Mac).
2nd - erase Your iPad or put it on DFU mode and reinstall iOS (before putting on DFU remember to ensure that You know the password for the iCloud account used for FMI).
3rd - Restore Your info from Backup or manually (some ppl. have no info on device beside the one that comes via synchronizing with internet accounts).

Yeah, appreciate the suggestions, it’s possible that will address it but I think it’s highly unlikely. This is an almost brand new iPad 2017, already have shut off as much as I can for background synching and other processes, never run anything except Go4 when flying and like the op everything was peachy until ios11 and go update, nothing else is screwy on it tho so I’m still going with the most likely scenario is an ios11/Go4 bug. Just annoyed and updating in case others are fighting something similar.

Reads like your ipad 2017 is overheating as the problem is gradual , I assume your in airplane mode, so that everything is turned off

Wish it were just overheating! But flying in controlled temps and that wouldn't explain it working fine for 10 days (~30 flights) before gradually getting worse performance again. When I say gradual, I don't mean during a flight. I mean over 3-5 days the app will slowly start to get slower and start to crash more and more frequently. Other apps, including some that are extremely CPU intensive, have zero issues, including Litchi and Autopilot.

Wish it were just overheating! But flying in controlled temps and that wouldn't explain it working fine for 10 days (~30 flights) before gradually getting worse performance again. When I say gradual, I don't mean during a flight. I mean over 3-5 days the app will slowly start to get slower and start to crash more and more frequently. Other apps, including some that are extremely CPU intensive, have zero issues, including Litchi and Autopilot.

Is your Ipad in standby between flights or do you switch it off completely

It's in standby. But a complete shutdown and restart of the ipad before a flight has no impact on the app performance/crashiness.

I had a situation once (on Android) where the only way my tablet would run DJI Go was if I uninstalled Litchi. I think the programs were stepping on each other.

It's in standby. But a complete shutdown and restart of the ipad before a flight has no impact on the app performance/crashiness.
Hi there
I've had EXACTLY the same experience.
A month back the iOS app started crashing every 4-5 mins during flight one day and fast became persistent. I deleted app and made sure I updated all firmware etc. Seemed to fix it. Yesterday during a long commercial shot of about 12 long flights, started crashing on 4th flight and got progressively worse until last flight would crash on every photo I took. I managed about 30 seconds of useful work in 25minute flight. It's become totally unusable and I'm really annoyed. It's cost me income and was majorly client relation damaging.

I was only shooting AEB(3) photos all day. Mini Ipad.

I just don't know what to do. Looking objectively at it, I wonder if it's a memory issue with the app as it gets progressively worse towards being crippled, and deleting the app seemed to cycle it to a fresh start.

oh, hang on.......this doesn't happen on the latest version of Android perhaps you should all upgrade #tonguefirmlyincheek #fanboyz :D :D :D

Hi there
I've had EXACTLY the same experience.
A month back the iOS app started crashing every 4-5 mins during flight one day and fast became persistent. I deleted app and made sure I updated all firmware etc. Seemed to fix it. Yesterday during a long commercial shot of about 12 long flights, started crashing on 4th flight and got progressively worse until last flight would crash on every photo I took. I managed about 30 seconds of useful work in 25minute flight. It's become totally unusable and I'm really annoyed. It's cost me income and was majorly client relation damaging.

I was only shooting AEB(3) photos all day. Mini Ipad.

I just don't know what to do. Looking objectively at it, I wonder if it's a memory issue with the app as it gets progressively worse towards being crippled, and deleting the app seemed to cycle it to a fresh start.

Sounds like a video caching problem, have you turned this off in the app ?

Sounds like a video caching problem, have you turned this off in the app ?
I don't use video at all. Not sure if that makes a difference. Looks like my workaround is to delete and reinstall the app routinely at the moment. Pretty annoying

Since I deleted and reinstalled a third time, disabled all video cacheing (even tho I don’t really shoot video either), knock on wood it’s been stable. I’d try turning that off anyways, if you don’t do video either there’s no detriment.

On the flip side, I’ve been consistently getting “mobile cpu is fully loaded” messages and temporally-related glitching/stuttering feeds. It’s manageable but not great, I’ve had to be a bit more cautious about flying near things bc of the hiccups. Considering it’s a brand new iPad 2017, nothing else in the background, very few background apps allowed to be running/refreshing, and I’m not using any modes in Go, it seems pretty crazy to be maxing cpu. But it’s better than crashing.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl