Anyone using the Strong Arm kit from UAVBITS for stress cracks?

if a motor goes bad I am gong to replace the shell anyway since I have to open it up.

****, i think i have to order them as well for the peace of mind. Pretty expansive because the shipping is 25 dollar. But its good invested i think because when you want to sell the P3 and it has cracks noody will buy it ; )

That's likely to be a while.
BLDC motors have exceptional reliability.
Aside from bearings there's no wearing parts.

Just received and installed my kit. I'll test it out today or tomorrow. Hope everything goes well.

Attachments

• IMG_0197.jpg
    IMG_0197.jpg
    708.3 KB · Views: 644
Just received and installed my kit. I'll test it out today or tomorrow. Hope everything goes well.
i will order it in black as well, the white 3D printed stuff will get yellowish most of the time. I just hope that this kit will not produce more wear and tear on other parts of the shell. Im looking forward to your first conclusions

i will order it in black as well, the white 3D printed stuff will get yellowish most of the time. I just hope that this kit will not produce more wear and tear on other parts of the shell. Im looking forward to your first conclusions
I just got back from the spot where I usually fly. Didn't get a chance to take her up since there was some kind of event going on in that area and there were tons of people.

I'll head back in the early morning possibly. Living in the city sucks for this kind of thing.

Honestly, I don't think i'll have much to report other than "everything seems fine". It shouldn't change anything immediately and best case scenario is that my shell doesn't eventually crack over time. We'll see.

I just got back from the spot where I usually fly. Didn't get a chance to take her up since there was some kind of event going on in that area and there were tons of people.

I'll head back in the early morning possibly. Living in the city sucks for this kind of thing.

Honestly, I don't think i'll have much to report other than "everything seems fine". It shouldn't change anything immediately and best case scenario is that my shell doesn't eventually crack over time. We'll see.
How about the fit of those parts? They have to be very exact otherwise they can move and wiggle a bit and maybe cause stress again. And whats the weight of one piece?

How about the fit of those parts? They have to be very exact otherwise they can move and wiggle a bit and maybe cause stress again. And whats the weight of one piece?
The weight, I couldn't tell you. It's not much, though. The fitment was perfect once I started screwing everything in. I didn't have any issues installing them.

Will this allow install of the removable prop guards later as well?

I just got mine in and installed today.

I took her for a test spin afterwards. Everything seems great.

I think I will follow the lead of the other poster here when I have time and remove them, sand and paint them to match my gold trim.

My only concern is the screws backing out. I'll keep an eye on them but I may put a tiny bit of blue thred lock on the screws when I install them after painting.

The weight, I couldn't tell you. It's not much, though. The fitment was perfect once I started screwing everything in. I didn't have any issues installing them.

I emailed UAVBits last week about the weight of the strong arm kit. According Gary they add ~.4oz. So 11-12 grams.

Got mine installed yesterday flew just the way it did before no difference. But I am also worried about the screws backing out. Will keep an eye on them to see. But the soft plastic might act as a lock washer to hold pressure against them to help hold them. Will have to see. Till then a 2mm Allen wrench will be in the case with the bird.

Same question here... wondering if the prop guard mount will fit beneath this.
I don't believe it will, and the prop guard mounts practically serve the same purpose, except for two extra screws.

I don't believe it will, and the prop guard mounts practically serve the same purpose, except for two extra screws.

Thats my guess too, I barely use the guards but keep the attachment installed. I ordered a lot of stuff from uavbits but didn't order this believing it will suffice. Time will tell. Thanks!

The difference here is that those two extra screws provide much more support. The supports/reinforcements go into the screw hole, they don't just sit flush with the shell.

The difference here is that those two extra screws provide much more support. The supports/reinforcements go into the screw hole, they don't just sit flush with the shell.
yes those are a great add and would probably negate the use of zip ties used by some.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20