To use or not to use the Strong Arm Reinforcement Plates?

DJI doesn't care to find a resolve for this issue. That is why it is still happening 2 years down the road. The only thing that will fix it is using better plastics to make the body.

its unfortunate with DJI being extremely popular and fairly affordable for the Platform you get, But until consumers stand up and say we aren't buying your products until issues are resolved they may not be addressed. When the system works its really good and that's one of the main reasons that sales will continue to climb regardless of the issues. we live in a world where people want what they want and will pay high dollar to get it. companies understand they can sell billions of products if they are popular before ever getting the first complaint of issues. they at that point just don't care they sell another Billion and fix 5 get 1000 complaints sell another billion fix 100. as long as sales climb they just don't care about customer service why should they when we keep handing them cash hand over fist.

What I would like to know .... given that the P3 shape and form has been copied by such as Quanum and others - what is THEIR record on cracks and splits ?

Given the price of the P3's ... I do not think it would have been uneconomic to have incorporated a Carbon Fibre web into the arm and its motor mount. Sufficient to run the length of the arm and fan out to secure motor area. But not so much to create problem for RF control signals. Just a thought. Given that near all models today incorporate CF into their structures and at far lower price points !!

Nigel

What I would like to know .... given that the P3 shape and form has been copied by such as Quanum and others - what is THEIR record on cracks and splits ?

Given the price of the P3's ... I do not think it would have been uneconomic to have incorporated a Carbon Fibre web into the arm and its motor mount. Sufficient to run the length of the arm and fan out to secure motor area. But not so much to create problem for RF control signals. Just a thought. Given that near all models today incorporate CF into their structures and at far lower price points !!

Nigel
that would be nice to know if other drone copies are having the same Issue I suppose if they have a forum for those We could pose the question there.

I agree on the CF added into the structure I honestly don't think it would be an issue in the arm locations with the electronics centrally located in the body and antennas in the legs as they are especially when we are below these drones during flight so nothing to impeded the signal really.
Back in the day companies would use ideas like these and make products better HPI racing comes to mind I races RC trucks and cars for a lot of years when we users made suggestions on better set ups or parts HPI responded by making it so. one truck in particular had the worse steering system I fabricated a bell-crank system for that truck and it drove like it was on rails I posted pics to the forum and Boom Bell-crank steering on all the new trucks that rolled out that year.

Last edited:
that would be nice to know if other drone copies are having the same Issue I suppose if they have a forum for those We could pose the question there.

I agree on the CF added into the structure I honestly don't think it would be an issue in the arm locations with the electronics centrally located in the body and antennas in the legs as they are especially when we are below these drones during flight so nothing to impeded the signal really.
Back in the day companies would use ideas like these and make products better HPI racing comes to mind I races RC trucks and cars for a lot of years when we users made suggestions on better set ups or parts HPI responded by making it so. one truck in particular had the worse steering system I fabricated a bell-crank system for that truck and it drove like it was on rails I posted pics to the forum and Boom Bell-crank steering on all the new trucks that rolled out that year.
the autel xstar has the same issue

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20