P3 Firmware Anyone online now that can tell me what the fix is for no communication after this last update?

Crap I just went back on the DJI website and was looking at the map and AI did not have my aircraft selected properly. Once selected I am well outside the red zone so that definitely is not the problem.

But I dont think that is the problem with me having NO CAMERA..... crap!
The first thing I would try is to use a different device, just to verify that it is not something that is firmware, or software related. Otherwise it could be a hardware issue. You did not specify if IOS or Android, that could also be an issue.

Reactions: dirkclod
Maybe I need to look into the firmware numbers? Any idea where the current FW is displayed? I honestly think the No Fly Zone may be what is blocking me at this point. What happens when you try to fly near an airport? Warnings? Or no camera?
OK I just went and got it out and powered it up. Now I did not see no update bar and thought it was all current and here is what I show on mine .
IMG_2379.jpeg

OK I just went and got it out and powered it up. Now I did not see no update bar and thought it was all current and here is what I show on mine .
View attachment 107282
Thank you for taking the time to do that. On mine I am not seeing the version number, or remote number both have N/A. I also cannot set any of the settings like fly home altitude max alt etc. None of that is being seen by the app. Yet the bird will fly and must be getting some kind of gps because it will hold in one place. Even though there is no battery data or gps data anything. I think like a mechanic. Something screws up what was the last thing that was done? The update. I feel that the update may be corrupted or did not install properly. My big question now is when this updates I mean firmware. Does it download onto your app and then transfer to your memory card in the camera where it is installed to the hardware? Is that how it works? Can I download and replace the bin file on my sd card with a new file will that initiate a new install? Or do I have to ge back one and then forward one? Im seriously thinking this is all due to the **** update and of course it is and you know DJI wont take any responsibility for screwing up a perfectly good flying machine with its updates!
PS I am on android using a LG G Pad X 10.1 inch that has always worked well with the dji app. I also completely uninstalled the go app and reinstalled a fresh download and ok'd the ulas and signed back into DJI. This app does look a little different from what I had before. Yet Im still thinking the update went bad.

Reactions: dirkclod
PROBLEM SOLVED The new DJI app is incompatible with my LG G Pad X 10.1 tablet. It always has worked well with it in the past and I never had any issues with it before but with this most recent version of the DJI Go app it dosnt get the camera view and it dosnt get any data displayed in the app showing battery life and other much needed settings. I loaded the app onto my Samsung S8 phone and it works like a charm. Figures everything works correctly on my S8! So I also have a Galaxy Tab E 8 inch tablet and when Im done charging it up I will try that one too and see how it does. Im gonna miss my 10.1 inch display. But it figures that DJI would make the app most compatible with the latest devices out there. I would like to thank you guys here that offered ideas and help, very much appreciated. One thing I have learned in this is that this very same issue has plagued many a user as I have seen this problem all over the web but no real solid answers to address it. Maybe if I have time this week I will make a YouTube video outlining my experience with the problem to help others. Showing the basics of reconnecting the controller to the aircraft, checking the SD memory card for successful update in the text file, How to locate the bin file for the update on the DJI site and if available how to do the install and even a hard boot to force the install. I saw a guy who had that video and I can use his link and any other ideas to cover the most likely and basic common problems. Now if the weather permits Ill hit the park tomorrow and fly fly! Peace Rambo1 out.

Went outside even with no camera was able to take off and fly by line of sight. No warnings. Im in an area on the DJI map that is light blue near the outer edge. Its a countionary zone that if I follow this guy's video instructions I can get permission to fly after accepting responsibility etc etc.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
But I dont think that is the problem with me having NO CAMERA..... crap!
I STICK with Litchi --- it outperforms everything and is rock solid - I fly my P3P on older firmware but it works FLAWLESSLY with Litchi-- That is ALL I will use - NO PROBLEMS

I STICK with Litchi --- it outperforms everything and is rock solid - I fly my P3P on older firmware but it works FLAWLESSLY with Litchi-- That is ALL I will use - NO PROBLEMS
Thats good for you and what you should use.
They couldn't pay me weekly what it cost to buy it 1 time ,
See everyone has what they like now you know what I do .Go App .
Welcome to the forum .:)

I guess I am lucky. I've studiously avoided upgrading the firmware for my P3P, because "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." The AC has been flying wonderfully and problem free for 3 years on the firmware it had coming out of the box. Then 3 days ago, my iPhone inadvertently upgraded the firmware to version 3.1.50. When I discovered that this morning, I went right out and tested it. Up popped all sorts of privacy statements I had to sign off on and bunches of new accessory windows. After everything settled down, I got a normal screen, the AC took off and flew just fine. I was in a restricted space bounded by trees and a house, and the wind was gusting a little, so I didn't try height or speed tests, but otherwise, everything seemed fine. It will be a while before I'll have enough confidence in the upgrade before I fly over the ocean again.

Well you posted in a P3 4K thread GP so maybe make a thread on your doubts in the Pro/Adv section
and some of them guys can help you be at ease or not ,
Good luck

I also fly a 4k and im sure glad you stuck with this. I've seen the update banner for now almost 6 months. Haven't given in yet but thankful yours went through. I learned something from your hardship. [emoji16]

I JUST got a Galaxy TAB S2 9.7 32gb ram. Been flying it a week. Dumped all the bloat. Flawless. Come get your sight back [emoji41]

[QUOTE="JazzAir, post: 1419151, member: 105146". . Come get your sight back [emoji41][/QUOTE]
Have never lost it but thanks just the same .
IMG_9548.gif

I got a popup to update my firmware on my 1st flight today but hearing all the brick stories I don't think i'll bother.

I'm afraid that my similar experience transcends the time barrier a bit but here goes. First Dji drone was a P3P. First flight out of the box and was required to update the firmware on the remote and copter. New from Dji I should add. Already owned a Tab 3 Samsung tablet and had downloaded the Go Ap. Took a while cause my internet at that time was pretty bad, but all done and it flew like a champ. No issues. Loved it! A MONTH later after dozens of short flights I again saw the update pop up. Since the first went so well, of course I did it. And like many including the originator of this thread, no more video. The Tab 3 was on the list of compatible devices btw. After several calls to Dji support with conflicting advice, I borrowed a friends ipad and whalla. No issues. I have gone thru two P3's and two P4P's by now. (just upgrading, no crashes, LOL) and I still try that Samsung tablet on every one in hopes that maybe a glitch is what shut it down. It just will no longer work with the GO ap or the GO4 ap. So, because of the software (which Dji admitted to me they don't control?) they basically undated, rather than updated the device I wanted to use with their product. So, had to buy a device I needed for no other reason than to make the Phantom function again. Tack on a few hundred dollars for an ipad that I seriously hate using. (not an apple fan) But at least it works. All I am suggesting is when an update is accomplished without success, first place to look is the device you are using since Dji apparently doesn't care much about us having to expend additional money on tablets or phones to make their product functional again.

I'm afraid that my similar experience transcends the time barrier a bit but here goes. First Dji drone was a P3P. First flight out of the box and was required to update the firmware on the remote and copter. New from Dji I should add. Already owned a Tab 3 Samsung tablet and had downloaded the Go Ap. .

I had a very similar experience out of the box. Opened up, couldn't get anything talking to anything.

Found the issue was my device - it all worked fine with my wife's device.

Then on a suggestion from a forum, went back to my Huawei, turned on USB debugging mode, and everything's worked fine since. I really aren't interested in changing phones - but this has been rock solid ever since.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic