P3 Firmware Anyone online now that can tell me what the fix is for no communication after this last update?

Reaction score
Its been a long time since Ive enjoyed flying my P34K so a couple weeks ago I was prompted to upgrade the software and now no camera communication is possible. This may be old news already but I am just now encountering this issue and need a little help! Anyone please?

Been awhile since I even flew mine so rusty on it.
Did you try deleting and reinstalling the App,
Are you on the latest IOS update if that is what you use.
Kinda need more info on what's working and how you did the update, wifi or assistant .

I was prompted to upgrade the software and now no camera communication is possible
Are you referring to software or firmware?

Reactions: dirkclod
Reactions: dirkclod
Well I cant quite remember exactly. I went to fly it and I turned everything on and I had a update box pop up on the DJI Go app. It said to update. I had been bypassing the geo fence updates successfully because I live just outside of 5 miles from the airport. But this notification would not let me do anything until I upgraded first. So I did and now it seems there is no communication between the controller and the camera. Black screen. There is communication with the aircraft because I can spin up the props and fly blind. I dont want o fly like that so here I am. When looking through the Go app I see the wifi settings for user id and password are blank. Maybe it has something to do with that? What do you guys think?

Is your App updated to the latest, not that that may be it but maybe .
Just throwing stones here Rambo and good to see ya back.

I have to leave and go out for now Ill check back in when I return home. Thanks to everyone looking at this! Please any suggestions would help. Thank you!

Is your App updated to the latest, not that that may be it but maybe .
Just throwing stones here Rambo and good to see ya back.
Ill check it out soon as I get home. Thank you. I miss flying and have had some health issues. Now Im doing better and want to fly but **** everytime DJI puts out another update it seems to screw things up instead of help. I remember a couple of years ago the updates actually helped performance and control but not this time. You know its been a while for me and maybe Im just a little lost. Forgetting how to sign in to DJI and the basics. Maybe i am missing something basic and I welcome even basic reminders on common after update procedures. I wont feel bad. Thanks be back home in 2 hours. Thanks!

Have never had to but can't you redo an update through the assistant ?
I don't think assistant works with P3's from what I understand.

I don't think assistant works with P3's from what I understand.
I always used wifi with mine so really can't remember but thought you could . Would have to go back and look,
just did and the only port is on the gimbal so you must be correct ..

Just did some reading and it said a bad sd card could be an issue
https://www.phantomhelp.com/DJI/dYWPYpkmQh-QSocF
OK just got home a few mins ago and jumped right in. I pulled the micro SD card out and put it in an adapter and popped it in my PC. Checked the log file and the last update said successful. So I reinstall the memory back in the P3. Next I restart everything and my tablet connected to my home wifi and it showed an update was available for the DJI Go app. I install the update and try again and still no camera view and connection so thats where Im at now. Ill keep updating as I go through with this. My next move is take a pic of my phantom's wifi credentials and reenter them in the blank lines on the app. here I go.

I pulled the micro SD card out and put it in an adapter and popped it in my PC. Checked the log file and the last update said successful.
If you indeed updated the firmware, which you obviously know if you did. You must also update the RC firmware. That is only available for most recent firmware via the app. Otherwise your versions do not match.

Tried the wifi credentials and nothing same crap. I tried to reconnect the controller and nothing. Only now when I look at my GPS map I am seeing green shaded area and I think the NFZ is blocking me. ???? I do have a green light on the camera, green light on the aircraft and green light on the controller so I guess tomorrow I will take it to the airfield at the park well outside of the NFZ and see if this thing wants to fly. Thanks for all your help here!

If you indeed updated the firmware, which you obviously know if you did. You must also update the RC firmware. That is only available for most recent firmware via the app. Otherwise your versions do not match.
Maybe I need to look into the firmware numbers? Any idea where the current FW is displayed? I honestly think the No Fly Zone may be what is blocking me at this point. What happens when you try to fly near an airport? Warnings? Or no camera?

Went outside even with no camera was able to take off and fly by line of sight. No warnings. Im in an area on the DJI map that is light blue near the outer edge. Its a countionary zone that if I follow this guy's video instructions I can get permission to fly after accepting responsibility etc etc.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
But I dont think that is the problem with me having NO CAMERA..... crap!

What happens when you try to fly near an airport? Warnings? Or no camera?
It depends on the zone. If it is restricted, then you can't even start the motors for takeoff.....You will have video however. That has nothing to do with restricted airspace.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic