Anyone know how to build a Amplified Antenna Booster for the Phantom 3 Pro?

Reaction score
Can anyone lead me in the right direction to building one of the amplified antennas with maybe a parts list i need along with links where to get them if at all possible??? Id greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance guys

You've posted this in the Phantom 3 4K section but title says Pro. :) Have you got a Pro or a Phantom 3 4K...?

You mean 'build' as in solder all the individual components onto a circuit board etc etc? If so sorry, then I don't and sourcing all the correct individual parts could be quite a nightmare IMHO.

If, however, you mean buying a ready-made signal booster kit, they're not quite as easy to source as they used to be because the P3, although still very good (I have one), is now 'old tech'.... But the kits are still available.

Here's some search results (search facility here is magnifying glass, top right) about antenna mods/signal boosters Search results for query: p3 antenna mod

Once you've spotted what you think might be a suitable kit for you, you can then try to search for where you can buy it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oso
ARGtek DJI Phantom 3 Standard WiFi Signal Range Extender Six (6) Antenna Kit NEW ---... I installed this into my Phantom 3 and it works great. I also upgraded my firmware to Magic Power v5. Of course you do this at your own risk.... in my drone it works fantastic. I hope this helps.

Last edited:
Well that's a good question that I need to look into. I know on the front it says Professional with a gold tag and then in the options I see a 4K option so I'm not sure but if I remember correctly I seen a 4k logo on the camera. I'm not in front of it right now to verify but I can later today.

Well I guess a kit is what I'd really need. I've seen pics somewhere and lost them where a guy had a black battery pack mounted under the remote to power the amplifiers. The he had the amps screwed in where the typical antenna goes then looked like a normal antenna came off of it if that makes sense? I've looked high and low with no real luck. I have found the 2.5ghz amps with a plug for batter power but nothing informal to know if that's what I need or what. Wish I had screenshotted the one I found that guy made but I wasn't thinking and if I remember correctly I was half asleep so it didn't click to do that. But yes a kit would be wonderful if I could find one. Would you possibly know where I could find such a thing lol. Just sucks where I live seems like it's all woods and ridges so it really messed with the potential range I could get from it.
Ideally Id like for it to go so far it turns me around from battery power and not just loosing video feed as well as remote connection.

Also I greatly appreciate your help!!! Thank You so much!!

I was wondering if your enquiry was as a result of a post I saw you made here where you said your video signal was failing to start or dropping in and out for no apparent reason. If it is, then you need to find the root cause of the lack of video feed as fitting a booster is very unlikely to sort it out.

But in any case, before this can move forward any further you need to positively and definitely identify which model of P3 you have.

With all due respect, I also think that you will need to have a much greater understanding of the technology and type of work involved and the skills needed before undertaking such a project.

Reactions: rickybobby2189
Just search for Argtek Phantom 3 professional range extender in ebay or Amazon ... they should pop up

I do understand what you mean. I've always been a tech guru to an extent but I'm a dinosaur now at 32 I feel like the tech has evolved past my knowledge base. I feel though that if I get this booster it should work as I've sorted the issue to be a 2.0 cable I was using and when I realized what I had done I went straight and got a 3.0 and man what a difference. But yes I do feel confident enough to tackle this issue.
I found the manual and it states it's a phantom 3 professional. So does that mean it's not a 4k version or??? Kinda threw me for a loop there. Thanks for your input
I was wondering if your enquiry was as a result of a post I saw you made here where you said your video signal was failing to start or dropping in and out for no apparent reason. If it is, then you need to find the root cause of the lack of video feed as fitting a booster is very unlikely to sort it out.

But in any case, before this can move forward any further you need to positively and definitely identify which model of P3 you have.

With all due respect, I also think that you will need to have a much greater understanding of the technology and type of work involved and the skills needed before undertaking such a project.

Reactions: Steve7777
it's a phantom 3 professional. So does that mean it's not a 4k version or??? Kinda threw me for a loop there. Thanks for your input
There are five different P3 models and three of those models (including your P3P) have a 4K option.

4K Models:
P3P, P3-4K, P3-SE

2.7K Models:
P3A, P3S

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers