Anyone else glad they didn't pull the trigger on the Mavic?

Reaction score
I had one ordered and changed my mind a few days before the P4 Pro was announced. I have been reading quite a few posts about problems people are experiencing. I expected a few bugs with a new release but it seems there are some major problems.

One thing in particular I don't like is the fact the remote controller only last 3-6 flights before needing to be charged...not good.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I pulled the trigger on a Mavic when it was released and it has been flying like a dream so far. I'm very happy with it.

I pulled the trigger on a Mavic when it was released and it has been flying like a dream so far. I'm very happy with it.

So you haven't experienced:
1. Short battery life on the RC? Only 4-5 flights?
2. High drain on iPhone battery when using GO? 30% battery drain per flight?
3. Gimbal error message upon startup, jello in video? It sounds like this is caused from the gimbal barely hitting a bracket due to the high speed of the gimbal moving during the boot routine.

It seems to me a small percentage of craft are having issues. I think most owners are happy, but some seem to have legit problems that are out of the ordinary. Enough to cause pause.

My Mavic Pro order got cancelled by Amazon on the same day P4P was announced. It was a sign.

1. Short battery life on the RC? Only 4-5 flights?
This is not an issue. It's as designed.

2. High drain on iPhone battery when using GO? 30% battery drain per flight?
3. Gimbal error message upon startup, jello in video? It sounds like this is caused from the gimbal barely hitting a bracket due to the high speed of the gimbal moving during the boot routine.
No.

It seems to me a small percentage of craft are having issues.
A small percentage of all DJI craft are having issues.

I was waiting for the P5. Now I have to keep waiting? Decisions decisions. I'll bet a box of donuts the P5 will be announced in 6-8 months. Before that we will get unconfirmed rumors. I am very jazzed by the camera but have not been impressed by much more. I would like to hold the controller and look into that 100 nit screen. Seeing in this case would be believing.

Sometimes I fantasize about flying with an Avegant Glyph plugged in to the integrated HDMI port.

Larry
Drone Pilots Directory

I ordered the Mavic Pro and after a few weeks was given a ship date of 12/7-12/8 from Amazon. A few days later the Amazon order status changed to include the statement that it would be released on 1/15/17 though it still said it would ship on 12/7-12/8. Then, a couple days after that the wording changed once again and this time the 12/7-12/8 ship date was gone and had been replaced with a statement that they'd inform me when it was ready to ship.

Cancelled order!

Brian

This is not an issue. It's as designed.

No.

A small percentage of all DJI craft are having issues.
I understand that the controller may have been "designed that way" (4-5 flights before charging) but I am pretty sure no one knew that when they ordered it and are disappointed with that. Don't get me wrong, the Mavic has it's place in the DJI line up but I am glad I cancelled my order. The portability advantage is not an issue for me so I think I am going to stick the Phantom line for now. If they upgrade the Mavic with a better camera and make some useable feature upgrades, I am all in.

I've had my Mavic since Oct 25th with 30 plus flights over 6 hours flight time. It's been a blast!

I understand that the controller may have been "designed that way" (4-5 flights before charging) but I am pretty sure no one knew that when they ordered it and are disappointed with that.
I only have one battery right now, so it's not disappointing at all. I suppose the disappointment might start sinking in if I ever start flying 6 batteries back-to-back. That's probably not going to be a common use case for a Mavic pilot though.

I amost pre ordered the Mavic before I got the P4. The only decision I would have to make now is between the P4P and the Inspire 2.

I don't like the fact that the blades get into the shot quite a bit with the P4. I'm sure the P4P will have the same issue. I wish DJI would make some sort of "forward" gimbal option for the P4 / P4P, seeing as how the current gimbal doesn't really need yaw, pitch and roll would be enough. That would be a real game changer!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31