Anybody ordered de Dronexpert Vision Gimbal?

Morgan 1983 said:
I was kinda hoping the next cool product from DJI in the Phantom line up would be a two axis gimbal for the Vision camera but I see with the Phantom 2 and Zenmuse just being released that it will be most likely left up to third parties to create this solution. Oh well, I'll buy from anyone so long as the price is right and the tilt function remains. The Gimbal from Rotorpixel looks like it can take a small Point n'shoot camera too. If it can tilt 90 deg (face down) this would be very handy for orthomosaic mapping. Especially seeing DJI are releasing a waypointing update for the Phantom soon which would allow grid pattern flying! Probably couldn't map areas much bigger than 50 hectares at a time, but still, it would be a handy feature.

Morgan

Are you serious?
You also have to explain how to use an Alexmos controller then because the PV is sort of plug and play almost and Alexmos is not if you buy it for the PV or i missed something on there site.
Is it working with the tilt? And how to fix the camera to the gimbal. Those questions are just the first things that came in my mind but i am curious about the answers if you know them because i look also for a good gimbal for the Vision camera.

I have one on order and will give a full report on performance after I test it out. I hope there aren't any interference problems with the blocked antenna.

Sledge said:
I have one on order and will give a full report on performance after I test it out. I hope there aren't any interference problems with the blocked antenna.

Definitely interested in your results! when should the gimbal arrive to you?

James Cole said:
Sledge said:

Definitely interested in your results! when should the gimbal arrive to you?

+1... er uh +2. :)

I should get the gimbal in 2 weeks approximately. :D And what is + 1 or +2 ?

Makes perfect sense......brain is still cloudy from my rum immersion therapy last night. :shock:

Makes perfect sense......brain is still cloudy from my rum immersion therapy last night. :shock:

Really like the look of this but not sure I would be able to fit the new lens adapter at the same time ?

Bigvern said:
Really like the look of this but not sure I would be able to fit the new lens adapter at the same time ?
No sorry that's the one I ment (Rotorpixel) just worried about the lens adapter, I would like to use.

Drone7 said:
Morgan 1983 said:
I was kinda hoping the next cool product from DJI in the Phantom line up would be a two axis gimbal for the Vision camera but I see with the Phantom 2 and Zenmuse just being released that it will be most likely left up to third parties to create this solution. Oh well, I'll buy from anyone so long as the price is right and the tilt function remains. The Gimbal from Rotorpixel looks like it can take a small Point n'shoot camera too. If it can tilt 90 deg (face down) this would be very handy for orthomosaic mapping. Especially seeing DJI are releasing a waypointing update for the Phantom soon which would allow grid pattern flying! Probably couldn't map areas much bigger than 50 hectares at a time, but still, it would be a handy feature.

Morgan

Are you serious?
You also have to explain how to use an Alexmos controller then because the PV is sort of plug and play almost and Alexmos is not if you buy it for the PV or i missed something on there site.
Is it working with the tilt? And how to fix the camera to the gimbal. Those questions are just the first things that came in my mind but i am curious about the answers if you know them because i look also for a good gimbal for the Vision camera.

Hi Drone7,

I don't know much about Gimbal controllers sorry, but by the looks of PixelRotor website and YT videos; I'm assuming their gimbal will be plug and play and retain the tilt control function like the Vision camera has.
In regards to the orthomasaic mapping; the gimbal from RotorPixel was originally designed to take a point and shoot camera or a GoPro but they have made a new mount that allows the Vision camera to 'slot in'. What this means is you'll be able to switch between cameras as you like. One problem with this however will be the waypoint function in the January release is most likely going to use the wifi connection to transmit the waypoints. What this means is you'll need to keep the vision camera onboard the Phantom in order to use that function (bugger). The only way around this would be to install the Ace Waypoint DJI system (or try the APM 2.6 by 3DR)

Bigvern said:
Bigvern said:
No sorry that's the one I ment (Rotorpixel) just worried about the lens adapter, I would like to use.

He's been good about answering questions on that youtube page.. just posted a comment asking.

Bigvern said:
Bigvern said:

His response

"We can easily make the mount be able to accept their filters. Once we get our hands on them, we'll make the necessary modification."

arinvideo said:
Bigvern said:
Bigvern said:

His response

"We can easily make the mount be able to accept their filters. Once we get our hands on them, we'll make the necessary modification."
That will be spot on for me !

Anyone have success receiving a Brushless Gimbal yet? I am extremely interested in getting one. I am debating switching to the Vision 2 from the Vision just for the gimbal, but I'd like a solution that gets it for me on my Vision.

thx

Sledge said:

Hey, Sledge

Do you have an ETA on the gimbal's arrival? How is it doing business with Rob? Constant communication or just Radio silence so far?

-Noah

Hey Noah, he said approx 2-3 weeks on the delivery....that was about 10 days ago. Can't wait to get it installed and test the footage. Otherwise I haven't been in touch with him.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers