Anybody ordered de Dronexpert Vision Gimbal?

Reaction score
You can find it here:
http://www.dronexpert.nl/dji-vision-gimbal/

Judging by the videos its very good... But would like some outside reviews on it... I need to know how is battery life affected as well as flight dynamics...

Only problem is that you can buy a Phantom 2 for the price BUT you would
Still have to add:

Zenmuse gimbal
Go pro camera
Iosd
Monitor
Video transmitter

And most important of all (correct me if im wrong) with the phantom 2 combo you CANNOT shoot at will video & pictures... So imo the vision with a nice performance gimbal is an excellent all-in-one platform even superior than the phantom 2 except for range...

I would be interested in the drone expert 2 axis gimbal for the vision but its just WAY too pricey. I'm also concerned about extra wind drag by the flat base they used to mount the system. Not sure that was the best way to do it. Also the Phantom 2 Vision can't currently both take pictures and video at the same time. I don't know about GoPro though. It would be nice if DJI came out with an update to fix it so we could do pic and video at the same time.

BenDronePilot said:
I would be interested in the drone expert him me but its just WAY too pricey. I'm also concerned a out extra wind drag by the flat base they used to mount the system. Not sure that was the best way to do it. Also the Phantom 2 Vision can't currently both take pictures and video at the same time. I don't know about GoPro though. It would be nice if DJI came out with an update to fix it so we could do pic and video at the same time.

Sorry in my post I meant that the Phantom 2 cant take pics or videos at will like you can do on the vision app...

urgno said:
i guess that gimbal is expensive because they know they are alone right now ... hope some alternatives will come up soon :roll:

How much is it?

-slinger

I, too, was interested in the product until I heard its price point.

I mean let's face it, the Phantom Vision's main selling point is just the fairly economical and pre-set FPV... and its 2 biggest shortcomings are image quality and range. So why would I spend that much on the gimbal to acquire subpar video on such a short leash?

So I'd rather keep the PV simple for aerial photography and short distance interactive air surveillance and just get another Phantom 2 w/ zenmuse, gopro and fatshark FPV for proper gimbal rig.

urgno said:
€415 + VAT + S&H :(

I just got a quote from them... Its €415 + €40 shipping NO VAT CHARGED... Probably because its shipping outside of the European Union...

€455 is about $625 and while it looks pretty awesome, I won't be buying it until a) there are a bunch of 5 star review and b) the price comes down at least a bit. Looks awesome though.

Personally I think it's ********. 1 It mounts right where it tells you not on the camera. 2 it doesn't have rubber mounts. 3 it is way over priced. I will wait for a better design. I am sure one will come along

wildcatter said:
Personally I think it's ********. 1 It mounts right where it tells you not on the camera. 2 it doesn't have rubber mounts. 3 it is way over priced. I will wait for a better design. I am sure one will come along

Same here, don't like where it mounts and how it mounts (double sided tape)

I would buy this at $325..... But not at $625. It does look like a huge improvement over the standard setup.

Khakis1999 said:
Ever watch the side by side video comparisons of the latest go pro to the vision camera? The GOpro blows the visions out of the water in videos no comparison what so ever! So I would never waste money trying to stabilize video of the visions camera! It just isn't worth it! You need a go pro for the cinematic video!
amen !

the vision save video at around 12-13MB/sec while the gopro is over 30MB/sec
so the quality is of course much more

nhoover said:
€455 is about $625 and while it looks pretty awesome, I won't be buying it until a) there are a bunch of 5 star review and b) the price comes down at least a bit. Looks awesome though.

SIX TWENTY FIVE ??? :shock: :eek: :D :lol:

That's shockingly hilarious...

-slinger

in YT comments:
Yes - the tilt function is preserved in the Vision app. You just need to set the gimbal gain values to zero in the Vision software, allowing the gimbal control board to have complete control over the X1/F2 input/output.

Geert said:
shartlza said:
This could be another option soon https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=EdtE2FZc9_A . Not sure if you still have tilt control though.

Looks great!
Tilt option is preserved.
The price between 300 and $400.
Probably a much better deal, almost 50% comparing Dronexpert.

Great find Shartiza,
and thanks for commenting Geert, I didn't see this before your quote/Reply

It looks very promosing. If its not the solution (dependant on price, among other things), it's at least a big step in the right direction. I can now imagine someone with a 3d printer creating a cradle half the size of this one, or perhaps and adapter that uses the existing camera screw holes ( that way it wont affect the antenas on the side of the camera) and allows for it to be retrofitted to existing $150 gimbals like this cradle does. The tilt thing is another story, but possible, I'm sure. We really just need a way to affix it while somehow maintaing use of the apps tilt function. It seems simple enough given all the creativity and inginuity within these forums, but I think people have been trying to solve this on too complex a level. I'd be happy if I could strap the camera one one of those banggood bargain gimbles if I don't lose any functionality. Thanks again for posting this. It's given me lots of ideas, though I lack the skills to implement them, it's nice to at least be able to see the answer in my head.

Rich

I was kinda hoping the next cool product from DJI in the Phantom line up would be a two axis gimbal for the Vision camera but I see with the Phantom 2 and Zenmuse just being released that it will be most likely left up to third parties to create this solution. Oh well, I'll buy from anyone so long as the price is right and the tilt function remains. The Gimbal from Rotorpixel looks like it can take a small Point n'shoot camera too. If it can tilt 90 deg (face down) this would be very handy for orthomosaic mapping. Especially seeing DJI are releasing a waypointing update for the Phantom soon which would allow grid pattern flying! Probably couldn't map areas much bigger than 50 hectares at a time, but still, it would be a handy feature.

Morgan

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic