Anybody fly P3 with Carbon Fiber Props yet?

Reaction score
IMG_2888.JPG
Got some nice carbon fiber props from scorpion drones. They are 9.4 x 5.0, so I guess they are the 9450 props. Can't find them for sale separately anywhere. Was wondering if they really do add better performance or not. So far looks like I'll have to see for myself, since most reviews were cheap ebay props.

Last edited:
Be careful with non-OEM props. You might crash your bird :(

Reactions: emoney609 and jlo
I think the general consensus on CF props (at least for Phantoms) is that the dangers far outweigh any marginal performance gains you might achieve.

I heard plastic stings but carbon fiber cuts to the bone. Thanks for the advice.

Yeah I think I'll be flying with OEM until I get used to everything, and just it case it drops out the sky don't want it to get blamed on the cf props. Wonder if they could paint my plastic props that carbon fiber color. Don't want to put white props on a black drone. lol

Those hubs look metal to me. Won't work with the P3 since it has active braking motors. Those props will unscrew and your P3 will crash.
And that would suck big time. what are the OEM hubs plastic?

yeah. composite.
Interesting, those props were sold for use with the P3. I'm gonna look into that, sure some horrific youtube videos will pop up soon with props flying off. Looking like OEM props for me, unless I hear from someone that these cf props can work with P3

I read the inspire 1 has more aggressive AB and uses metal hubs. You just have to tighten them real good. But you are right cause it could happen, also read that the plastic does grip the thread better. Weird I would think metal was better.

I read the inspire 1 has more aggressive AB and uses metal hubs. You just have to tighten them real good. But you are right cause it could happen, also read that the plastic does grip the thread better. Weird I would think metal was better.
Yeah and DJI also came out with locking clips for the props so i dare you to try it. do it!

Reactions: emoney609
They supposedly sent every inspire owner the quick release 1345s for free, cause of prop fly off problem. I wouldn't want to test them without prop locks.

Simple thing to do.
Contact the sellers, tell them these are not compatible as they stated, they need to pay for the return.
Done.
And throw in a few expletives for selling you something that could crash you're pride and joy.
You can dye your props and dji will probably release an official set of grey props like they did for the p2

Reactions: emoney609

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31