Carbon Fiber Props + 500M Range ?

Reaction score
Hey guys
I'm new to the forum, I've shot a few short clips and taken some nice pictures. My drone is the basic Phantom 3 as I thought It wouldn't be worth me forking out for a P4 and just crashing it on my first go.
Today I was flying and it begun to rain and as I was returning to my take off point as I came down I lost signal (Another question about this further down) and I managed to flip the **** thing. Main cause was my skill but also some uneven ground which I didn't calculate. So I ended up snapping the ends off 2 props. I've got some spares but I wanted to get another set (Just in case it happens again!) so I found these on ebay
4Pcs Carbon Fiber 9450 Propellers Self-Locking Blades For DJI Phantom 2 3 | eBay
Are these worth buying? It seems the regular white ones are cheaper but thought as they are CF they might be a bit stronger? Correct me if I'm wrong

My other question is I read that the P3S should be able to fly 1000m, But I can never reach more that 500m before I start to lose signal. I own a fair bit of land around my house and there are no other houses for up to a mile. Why is it only achieving half of what it was sold as?
TIA

Hey guys
I'm new to the forum, I've shot a few short clips and taken some nice pictures. My drone is the basic Phantom 3 as I thought It wouldn't be worth me forking out for a P4 and just crashing it on my first go.
Today I was flying and it begun to rain and as I was returning to my take off point as I came down I lost signal (Another question about this further down) and I managed to flip the **** thing. Main cause was my skill but also some uneven ground which I didn't calculate. So I ended up snapping the ends off 2 props. I've got some spares but I wanted to get another set (Just in case it happens again!) so I found these on ebay
4Pcs Carbon Fiber 9450 Propellers Self-Locking Blades For DJI Phantom 2 3 | eBay
Are these worth buying? It seems the regular white ones are cheaper but thought as they are CF they might be a bit stronger? Correct me if I'm wrong

My other question is I read that the P3S should be able to fly 1000m, But I can never reach more that 500m before I start to lose signal. I own a fair bit of land around my house and there are no other houses for up to a mile. Why is it only achieving half of what it was sold as?
TIA

In my opinion don't use carbon fiber props...buy OEM ones.

the P3S is not sold with a range of 1000 meters but you can get it to go much further. Just use the search for advice.

Phantom 3 Standard - Specs, FAQ, manual, video tutorials and DJI GO - DJI

a9ff5f57a32b2088eefb84d62e753770.jpg

8214 feet distance with a stock antenna and no modifications. Check you see tings in the Go app make sure max distance is off in app.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Philltayl
Hey guys

TIA
"But I can never reach more that 500m before I start to lose signal." More detail, what happens? Errors? Bad image? No signal and RTH?
Also so you know DJI has CF props (so their OEM too). I just got some and have flown twice with them so far, makes the drone a bit more responsive, and maybe faster too. They might not be 100% CF, but reinforced with CF.

"But I can never reach more that 500m before I start to lose signal." More detail, what happens? Errors? Bad image? No signal and RTH?
Also so you know DJI has CF props (so their OEM too). I just got some and have flown twice with them so far, makes the drone a bit more responsive, and maybe faster too. They might not be 100% CF, but reinforced with CF.

The way I see it is that true CF props are too ridged in flight. The bad news comes not when all is well but in the event of a mishap, CF is strong and doesn't absorb the energy involved in a strike, it will transmit that energy into the motors and more so into the mounts and arms resulting in expensive damage. :)

Reactions: sam-car
The way I see it is that true CF props are too ridged in flight. The bad news comes not when all is well but in the event of a mishap, CF is strong and doesn't absorb the energy involved in a strike, it will transmit that energy into the motors and more so into the mounts and arms resulting in expensive damage. :)

Exactly! In a minor crash, like a tip over, something has to give. I'd much rather a $5 prop break, than an arm and part of a motor or shaft.

Reactions: Philltayl
What configuration are your antennas on the controller? Remember the transmission/reception is not thru the tips(null area) set your controller antennas like your giving your bird the Double BIRD... ;-))

Reactions: Pharm
What configuration are your antennas on the controller? Remember the transmission/reception is not thru the tips(null area) set your controller antennas like your giving your bird the Double BIRD... ;-))
I was replying to "pepperplant", he was the one with the range issue, not me. That first line was a quote.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl