Anybody able to reach "Powerextra"?

Reaction score
Crashed battery? Run down all the way and charged hot? No...sitting in a case, in the house, and basically unused since the first small crack showed itself. It's a Powerextra battery I got new, as part of a package and had only been flown about 3 times, never below 50%. Sorry for the bad picture. I haven't been able to reach the company and they advertise a 1 year warranty. Anyone have a better way to contact them than through their web site? I ran it for a while last night (2 feet off the ground) to get the charge down, but I'm afraid to really use it any more. Also, what's the best way to get rid of this thing legally?

Attachments

• 20190725_141401.jpg
    20190725_141401.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 270
You can call them at 626-362-6437 (Mon-Fri 9:00AM-6:00PM PST) or send them a message here on Amazon.

I picked up a Chinese New Year edition p4 the other day and found that it came with an aftermarket battery. I’m not sure of what brand it is, and I’m not in town at the moment. If you have any interest in it, I won’t use aftermarket hardware on my toys and it will be getting a new home somewhere. Let me know.

Now that's a deal he can't pass up. What a nice guy. I only have one aftermarket and it's made by expertpower. They must use OEM cases because I can't tell the difference. So far so good but I only fly it in my old P4. Not the P4P.

Just to let you know, in case you want to deal with them...I finally got hold of the company and they have given me a totally impressive and long running runaround. It's pretty obvious that they had no intention of honoring their warranty...so be warned. Beach Camera, who I bought the whole package from, is also incredibly frustrated with them and thinking about not doing business with them any more. Beach Camera has promised to provide a replacement, even though it is outside their responsibility period.

Not saying that I am in any way a typical, but I ordered two batteries from them on Amazon. They both had the condition of the middle pins being burnt out. The P4P crashed one day because of the battery failure so I contacted them, got into a conversation and shared the flight logs and some pictures of the condition of their batteries. They paid to get the drone fixed.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Just to let you know, in case you want to deal with them...I finally got hold of the company and they have given me a totally impressive and long running runaround. It's pretty obvious that they had no intention of honoring their warranty...so be warned. Beach Camera, who I bought the whole package from, is also incredibly frustrated with them and thinking about not doing business with them any more. Beach Camera has promised to provide a replacement, even though it is outside their responsibility period.
I should have updated this. Beach Camera replaced the battery after Powerextra kept refusing to, even after they were contacted by Beach themselves and they told Beach they had agreed to do so. They still refused though to actually replace it, even though they finally admitted they should.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic