Any way to Reinstall Firmware on phantom 3 standard

Reaction score
Hi,
Any way to Reinstall Firmware on phantom 3 standard?

Its possible to do it with the SD Card on the Advance model but not the same on the Standard model. Needs to be done from the App but there doesnt seem to be an option if you have the latest software. I believe mine needs to be reinstalled to sort the gimbal issue I have.

If anyone can assist them please reply. Thanks

Yes, you can install from the sd card. It is located in the DJI directory on your phone or tablet in the Upgrade/ DL Package folder. Put it in the root directory of the SD card and di it from there. However if the firmware completed it may not reinstall again. I think it will only install parts that are not complete. This is what DJI had me do when my P3 Standard lost range due to an update. However it didn't solve my issue and I had to send it to DJI for repair.

Thanks for the reply.

Im using an iphone. Is it possible to access the DJI directory on it?

It would be easier with android, I think you have to use Itunes if nobody gives you any ideas you probably use Ifunbox, that is another learning curve.

Added: Here is what I found.

Standard - phantom 3 standard loud beeping.

Last edited:
I'm having a really weird problem with my phantom 3 standard. I was using it normally and one day, when I was updating the aircraft's firmware, an error occured and the update stopped.

Ever since when I try reconnecting everything (the app, the drone and the RC) , the drone will connect to the controller (the gimbal moves when I move the thumbstick on the controller, but it won't fly) and the controller will connect to the DJI GO app, but the drone won't connect to the DJI GO app.

When I open the app I have a "waiting for update" message on the top of the screen and a "remote controller connected. Connect your aircraft" scrolling on the middle of the screen under the phantom 3 picture.

When I try updating via the app I get a message "device disconnected. Please check"

I tried installing the update manually, but DJI removed the update from their website.

When I turn the aircraft on, the back lights are flashing yellow and red while the front ones are solid red.

What should I do? Is there anyway to do a factory reset on the drone to make it go back to its out-of-the-box firmware?

I appretiate all the help I can get

From what I understand you are able to roll back the firmware to a previous version. If you haven't found it already on this forum Phantom pilots.com under the firmware section you should find a listing of all the firmwares that you can download. If it is a ZIP file you will need to unzip it and then place the update file on a freshly formatted SD card. Do the update that way it typically takes at least a half an hour to do the update properly. Give that a try and report back

I downloaded the 1.1.3 version from the forum and placed it on the phantom 3 micro SD card. The back lights are now flashing yellow, while the front ones are solid red. Does this mean it is updating? Should I leave the controller off or should I turn it on?

The light on the gimbal will flash red and yellow I think when updating. Just let it sit

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31