Any way to manage Waypoint favorites?

@huntjock , JGB isnt leading you astray... Litchi does not have the 500m horizontal or vertical limits....QUOTE]

Wrong.

I have just confirmed with Litchi Support that Litchi (or any DJI 3rd party app) cannot exceed the 500m vertical limit, which is enforced by the DJI firmware. So, while you can fly a waypoint mission horizontally up to 10km (6.2 miles), which I would consider a fair limitation, your bird cannot rise over .5km (1640 ft) - ever - at once or in aggregate during any flight. Put another way, the overall slope for such a mission must remain below 5% or 2.86 degrees. For my purposes and my geography, that bias simply does not work.

When I wrote that it wasn't wrong after the update of the SDK the limit was put in place software doesn't stay static changes occur it was also a DJ I change

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

JBG, your comment on 9/11 was actually after the latest firmware update on 9/7 but not by enough to be disputable. So, I am with you now. And, although the current limits have been in place since 9/7, I wasn't aware that prior versions of the firmware were without these limitations.

I really am just looking for a solution, not confrontation. :)

I need to ascend above the current vertical limit but never really more than 100' off of the ground directly beneath the drone. I believe (know) that this could be supported in the firmware without compromising the objective of DJI to have some degree of safety built-in. It would require additional API/SDK support for apps to be able to "certify/sign" waypoint missions *prior* to uploading missions where the altitude of any waypoint exceeds the firmware-imposed vertical limit. I will not go into detail of all of that here. DJI has taken the easy way out on this one.

Yes, I understand that software does not stay static. I have been developing software since 1980. My latest afterhour project.

Part of me wants to develop something in iOS for my drone, but part of me (primarily the wife part of me) is saying otherwise. I did signup for the SDK in Sept, but I would really want to get my hands on the firmware source. Interesting stuff.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav