Any way to manage Waypoint favorites?

Reaction score
Is there anyway to create friendly names / labels for Waypoint missions? Or, is there a way to easily delete old missions, etc? I have worked on creating several missions over similar terrain, but I have no easy way to know which mission is which mission from the favorites list. How can we go about managing our catalog of waypoint missions?

Is there anyway to create friendly names / labels for Waypoint missions? Or, is there a way to easily delete old missions, etc? I have worked on creating several missions over similar terrain, but I have no easy way to know which mission is which mission from the favorites list. How can we go about managing our catalog of waypoint missions?
I am eager to find this out as well, before I start clogging up the pipeline!
Anyone have a clue? If they are stored on the tablet, they would be in the DJI documents folder on the iPad, and might be able to be edited from there?

Also is it possible to delete a missions? Maybe I missed it in the app?
I am sure everyone was eager to try waypoints and created one quickly just for testing waypoint feature...

What if you hit the wrong mission while you are in a totally different area? ooops?

Also is it possible to delete a missions? Maybe I missed it in the app?
I am sure everyone was eager to try waypoints and created one quickly just for testing waypoint feature...

What if you hit the wrong mission while you are in a totally different area? ooops?
Missions are limited to 500m from the current Home Point, as I understand it, so it would likely reject the mission. Perhaps that is why that limit exists.

Missions are limited to 500m from the current Home Point, as I understand it, so it would likely reject the mission. Perhaps that is why that limit exists.

I believe it is still a necessity to be able to manage waypoints - rename - delete - don't you?

I'm afraid of clicking on the wrong one... Even if it is only 500 meters.

I'm afraid of clicking on the wrong one... Even if it is only 500 meters.

Me as well... For instance: the first one I created for testing was around my yard at low altitude just above some trees and the second was at the ball field I live near, just for more testing. I believe both would be within the 500 meters, but in between both set waypoints there are high light poles and also high power cables/poles. I don't think my P3 would raise above those obstacles if I were to pick the wrong preset from the area I was in. Correct me if I am wrong...

I want to delete these - but how?

For sure!:cool: And chain them together, by perhaps changing the Home Point to the current aircraft position, to exceed the 500m radius from launch, for even longer missions.

EXACTLY! That would give me the ability to do what I NEED to do.

...and such a "workaround" would only serve to illustrate the stupidity of the limits as they are. Let the battery be the limiter, and let the app (when set to some BEGINNER or SAFETY mode) display WARNINGS if/when the app determines that it may not be a good idea to set things up a certain way.

Needed:
Waypoint Mission Management (mission naming, favorites, etc)
Waypoint Mission Planning (offline or connected)
Waypoint Mission Dry Run (simulates the mission and perhaps shows warnings for certain criteria or limits that YOU have set, and yes definitely does not allow points in no-fly zones)

Between lawyers, accountants and paranoia...probably never happen, though

EXACTLY! That would give me the ability to do what I NEED to do.

...and such a "workaround" would only serve to illustrate the stupidity of the limits as they are. Let the battery be the limiter, and let the app (when set to some BEGINNER or SAFETY mode) display WARNINGS if/when the app determines that it may not be a good idea to set things up a certain way.

Needed:
Waypoint Mission Management (mission naming, favorites, etc)
Waypoint Mission Planning (offline or connected)
Waypoint Mission Dry Run (simulates the mission and perhaps shows warnings for certain criteria or limits that YOU have set, and yes definitely does not allow points in no-fly zones)

Between lawyers, accountants and paranoia...probably never happen, though

For Android, Litchi does all of these things.

Reactions: SENC
For Android, Litchi does all of these things.

I would be interested to see a video posted from a P3 mission setup and run from Litchi where the drone climbs to a point above 600m above the initial mission home point say 3km from the initial home point, drops out of sight (not connected to RC) hits a couple more points and then returns home.

That will be the proof that "Litchi does all of these things"

Reactions: BigAl07
I would be interested to see a video posted from a P3 mission setup and run from Litchi where the drone climbs to a point above 600m above the initial mission home point say 3km from the initial home point, drops out of sight (not connected to RC) hits a couple more points and then returns home.

That will be the proof that "Litchi does all of these things"

What you just asked wasn't really in your Needed list above, given that I would not do what you are talking about (flying that high or that far) I won't be able to assist on that. With that said, here is a flight with Litchi while it was an alpha and I believe the distance was about 1 mile from where I was and it lost contact with the RC and it completed the mission, this is a terrible video (quality wise) and it is speed up but here it is.

Ok. Sorry for the confusion. If you look at the first line of my comment that you initially responded to you will see that I stated a need there - in addition to the list that followed. That "need" was stated in the comment that I was responding to, which said "And chain [waypoint missions] together, by perhaps changing the Home Point to the current aircraft position, to exceed the 500m radius from launch, for even longer missions." Said that would fill a need...then listed additional needs.

Being able to change a home point mid-mission or between chained missions would virtually remove not only the length limit but also the height.

Anyway, I got excited that this was a possibility when you said that Litchi could do all of that. Seems that I read somewhere that with Litchi you could fly a P3 distances much greater than the 500m horizontal limit. Dynamically changing the home point might be the way Litchi does it. And, if that can be done, the vertical limit could also be exceeded.

As you can imagine, the Rockies where I live pose challenges different than most other places, especially the flatter landscapes of a peninsula state like beautiful Florida. Longer distance missions are more likely to include significant inclines and declines in our locale.

I was impressed by your video, btw. ...and your courage to fly over water like that.

Huntjock, my mistake as I probably didn't read your comment thoroughly, with that said litchi's horizontal limit is I believe 10km but 2km between waypoints.

Highly suggest joining the Google group for more info.

Also as far as flying in mountains, planning is way different I am not sure if I would ever go up and over as much as I would try to start at the peak/height and go down, but that creates RTH issues too. Florida is easy in comparison.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Huntjock, just to clarify both horizontal and vertical in Litchi is what you are looking for, I juat not the right person to test that for you as you noticed o am in Florida and I rarely go above 200' feet and 1.5km is my pain threshold I don't need the long distances, though I have been to Colorado, Montana and Wyoming and that is where I would.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

@huntjock , JGB isnt leading you astray. Search for some of @Chris Vedeler's posts and you'll find plenty of examples of mountain flying as part of litchi waypoints. Litchi does not have the 500m horizontal or vertical limits. It also allows homepoints to be manually set - though that has nothing to do with the distance of waypoints.

Do I overlook something in Favorites 'WP's" ?? the Dates are always the SAME ?And as I FORGET very fast how do I know (remeber) wich Favorite was where?Height ? Distance ?

Deleting missions from the Favorite list on an Android tablet is a simple as creating a favorite; just select the mission, then tap on the star icon (as if you want to select it as a favorite), this will remove it from the list.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj