Any IT wizards out there?

Reaction score
So I messed up installing DJI assistant yesterday and installed a version that I am sure is some sort of scam as it doesn't work fully and is much smaller than the real executable file.

DJI+Assistant+2+1.1.2_2.exe 120MB

DJI+Assistant+2+1.2.0.exe 208MB

I installed the first one and now fear it is some sort of malware. I tried scanning it with various programs with no result but not sure they are up to it so was wondering if there is anyone on this forum who could advise on how to look inside the executable file to see if there is anything sinister in there. I have uninstalled the bad version and changed all passwords and DJI assistant is now running fine so maybe I dodged a bullet

So I messed up installing DJI assistant yesterday and installed a version that I am sure is some sort of scam as it doesn't work fully and is much smaller than the real executable file.

DJI+Assistant+2+1.1.2_2.exe 120MB

DJI+Assistant+2+1.2.0.exe 208MB

I installed the first one and now fear it is some sort of malware. I tried scanning it with various programs with no result but not sure they are up to it so was wondering if there is anyone on this forum who could advise on how to look inside the executable file to see if there is anything sinister in there. I have uninstalled the bad version and changed all passwords and DJI assistant is now running fine so maybe I dodged a bullet
Try scanning it with malwarebytes (free)

Try scanning it with malwarebytes (free)
Yes I tried that and it was clean. Hopefully that will be an adequate check. I also scanned it with Bitdefender, again nothing bad seen. Maybe it was just an old version of the program that no longer works.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20