Using custom ROMs on Android devices

Chapter 2. Nexus 7, version 2 was turned back to factory settings including a factory version of Os 5.1.1.

I have flown 5 or so times and each time Go 4 crashed. I was LOS so no worries but I was surprised each time it crashed as it took more than 20 minutes of flying before the app crash.

Any ideas about where to start looking for my problem. This Nexus is really lean of apps. I have many stock apps turned off. I will admit I don't know what setting for USB connection. You said I didn't need it to be on USB debugging now, right? What setting is the USB connection. I have it set to MTB. Is that right?

Do I need to try a different 5.1 build? When I was rooted and on 7.0 I the DJI app crashed about the same amount as now.

Chapter 2. Nexus 7, version 2 was turned back to factory settings including a factory version of Os 5.1.1.

I have flown 5 or so times and each time Go 4 crashed. I was LOS so no worries but I was surprised each time it crashed as it took more than 20 minutes of flying before the app crash.

Any ideas about where to start looking for my problem. This Nexus is really lean of apps. I have many stock apps turned off. I will admit I don't know what setting for USB connection. You said I didn't need it to be on USB debugging now, right? What setting is the USB connection. I have it set to MTB. Is that right?

Do I need to try a different 5.1 build? When I was rooted and on 7.0 I the DJI app crashed about the same amount as now.
Go with 6.0.1 I have found that 7+ crashes often as well. I recently downgraded to 6.0.1 and did several test flights and have not had the app crash yet.

Hi peeps

I have just picked up a P3A (not had a chance to fly it yet as everyday since has been windy or rain). I obviously needed a device to use so I dug out an old note 3. I have installed SlimRom on it and have to say it's like a whole new phone. So much faster.

I'll hopefully get out this weekend and see how it performs in the real world but signs so far are very encouraging. Massive thanks and kudos to Brian Fist for this idea.

Hello, I have an issue and I was wondering if you could help me (english is not my native language I apologize in advance)
I want to purchase a mavic mini (first drone) but the application dji fly is uncompatible with my android version (5.0) and my device (samsung galaxy s5 active sm g870f) So I used lineage to go to the latest version of android (10 ) telling myself that it would work, but it did not, I couldn't install the djy fly app, using play store or the apk from the web site.
Do you think of anything I can try ? beside changing phone.
Thanks a lot

Wow, I can't believe this thread is still being used... Plus I just logged back on for the first time since 2017... Weird coincidence.

Anayways, drum, you might want to try Lineage 12.1 as I KNOW it works for DJI Go 4 flawlessly. I don't know is there is a version of Lineage 12.1 for the Galaxy S5 or not, but it is old enough I think it would be.

Well, I must say that I searched a lot before finding a topic that brings lineage and compatibility poblem for dji fly
Maybe I can try that but my concern is that the application is unavailable for my device regardless of the android version I have, because at the moment I have lineage 17.1 and it's not working so I don't understand why a downgrade would work better.
But thanks for the answers anyway if you have any idea I'll take anything a this point.

Maybe I can try that but my concern is that the application is unavailable for my device regardless of the android version I have,

That Galaxy S5 will never run DJI Fly, no matter what flavor of Android you put on it. You'll need a device with a 64-bit cpu and hardware architecture, and a 64-bit OS.

Well, I must say that I searched a lot before finding a topic that brings lineage and compatibility poblem for dji fly
Maybe I can try that but my concern is that the application is unavailable for my device regardless of the android version I have, because at the moment I have lineage 17.1 and it's not working so I don't understand why a downgrade would work better.
But thanks for the answers anyway if you have any idea I'll take anything a this point.

Actually, the older versions are more "complete" and have had more time to fix any issues with a certain Lineage implementation.

The latest version is usually the buggiest and least capable.

You have to view it this way, the further past the original OS you get, the less capable the device gets. So if the S5 originally had Android 4 on it, going to Android 8 is 4 levels away. You are better sticking with Lineage 12.1 than anything beyond that (I can verify that even Lineage 14 on my Tab Pro 8.4 had major issues).

Lineage 12.1 is Android 5, which is the minimum requirement for the latest DJI Go 4 software.

Lineage 12.1 is Android 5, which is the minimum requirement for the latest DJI Go 4 software.
Even though this thread is in the Phantom 4 Pro sub-forum, @drum was asking about the DJI Fly app, not Go 4.

The Fly app has higher hardware requirements than the Galaxy S5 has.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic